Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Youth Development/Victory Shield

kennyb

May 23, 2004
The prestigious U16 Victory Shield tournament takes place next week in Ireland, having a glance through the squads announced and we have a player from Brighton involved think he is one of the goalkeepers his name is Conor Manderson anyone heard of him its great that our young players are getting international experience at early age

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The prestigious U16 Victory Shield tournament takes place next week in Ireland, having a glance through the squads announced and we have a player from Brighton involved think he is one of the goalkeepers his name is Conor Manderson anyone heard of him its great that our young players are getting international experience at early age

I'm not sure of Manderson's exact status at Albion - I do realise the announcement from the Northern Irish FA lists him as an Albion player, but Eastbourne Borough seem to claim him as their own and he also plays for the Henfield U-15 side.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
One year older, Albion U-16 Matt Everitt has been included in the Republic of Ireland U-17 squad for a tournament in Dublin starting on Thursday against England, Germany and the Czech Republic.

I believe that his Albion U-16 colleague, goalkeeper Fynn Talley, is in the England squad. Not sure if Haydon Roberts is also included.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
One year older, Albion U-16 Matt Everitt has been included in the Republic of Ireland U-17 squad for a tournament in Dublin starting on Thursday against England, Germany and the Czech Republic.

I believe that his Albion U-16 colleague, goalkeeper Fynn Talley, is in the England squad. Not sure if Haydon Roberts is also included.

Matt Everitt has started for the ROI U-17s against England this evening; Haydon Roberts is on the bench for England. Doesn't look as though Fynn Talley is in the England squad after all. (Jensen Weir of Wigan is the son of our Pathway Development Manager David).

IrelandEngland.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
England U17s beat the ROI U17s 3-1. On Sunday England play Germany and the ROI play the Czech Republic.

Is there an NSC record for the number of consecutive posts, by one poster, in a thread? (He wondered aloud, to himself.)

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Haydon Roberts came on in the second-half and played at left-back to replace the dismissed Dennis Cirkin.

Apparently goalkeeper Fynn Talley was invited along for the experience but isn't a member of the official England squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here