Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2,500+ Albion fans to Cardiff...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off topic ..I see Palace have sold their 2500 allocation for December 4th class at our place ...have they been offered use of turnstile training?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It's amazing how times HAVE changed - less than 20 years ago, most fans would have given Cardiff a swerve because of the bother.

Case in point, around 2000-2003 time (ish, don't quote me exactly) we had Bristol City and Cardiff away in two successive away matches.....we took something like 350-400 max to Cardiff (and some of our fans got turned over badly, as was mentioned on here years ago and 2.5 thousand went to Bristol for a great day out and a Bobby/Lee Steele (cannot remember!) victory. Cardiff and Bristol are pretty close...…...but who seriously wanted the aggravation of Cardiff away back in the day, unless you were Daz or his mates?

Anyway, fair play to the masses going Saturday, especially as it's on the box and we'll get a draw at best.

Yep that was me. Went to Brizzle, never contemplated Cardiff. Stories of bottles of piss being thrown through the infamous grill, coins, anything they could get hands on put me off. Saturday will be my first visit to watch Cardiff City in Cardiff. Really like the city!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, I did watch it and certainly wasn't bored. Feels like Sky are clearing the decks of all the obligatory DROSS though, in readiness for "Super Duper Sunday" (Liverpool v Fulham, Chelsea v Everton, Man City v Man Utd).

I fully expect our game at Cardiff to be the very definition of turgid. Its going to be utter dreck. I'll be in a pub though, so what do I care.

I will gladly settle for a goalless draw and last place on Match of the Day. With our squad we should go there in a confident frame of mind, but something seems to get left behind when we leave Sussex.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If that 2.5k is true that’s utterly fantastic for a ground we’ve played at loads in recent years, a 12-30KO and live on Sky. I seem to remember some posts last week about how poor our away support had become (just cos we weren’t selling out every game like last season!)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If that 2.5k is true that’s utterly fantastic for a ground we’ve played at loads in recent years, a 12-30KO and live on Sky. I seem to remember some posts last week about how poor our away support had become (just cos we weren’t selling out every game like last season!)
Its all us Brighton supporters in Wales, there are 5 in our tiny hamlet.

*granted it’s all my family.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Naylor has reported the same at the end of his article on Palace selling out their allocation.
Excellent support. I suspect partly due to the fact we might actually win a game on the road!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Its all us Brighton supporters in Wales, there are 5 in our tiny hamlet.

*granted it’s all my family.

Surprisingly i bumped into a fellow Brighton fan watching a mid wales league division 2 game a couple of weeks ago , i was huddled up in the corner trying to find some shelter from what the T shirt and shorts natives described as just a shower ! kinel i thought this is it Armageddon time , he obviously noticed my Brighton bobble hat and made his way over for a chat , afterwards we sat in the pub and basically my village is made up of ex builders from Wolves Stoke Brummy and a sprinkling of Scousers along with the locals who by the way are complete boxes of frogs , which is excellent , they seemed highly amused that a soft southerner would have made home in this wild part of wales and insisted i wouldn't last the winter :lolol: , Wednesdays are interesting as it's time to guess who's wheelie bin has just flashed by the window doing 50 in a 20 , love it .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Looks as if close to selling out at Huddersfield as well...perhaps its because people think we might get a result ..which goes against our recent history their ..I'm more of the thought that its partly because they feel like football grounds

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Looks as if close to selling out at Huddersfield as well...perhaps its because people think we might get a result ..which goes against our recent history their ..I'm more of the thought that its partly because they feel like football grounds

That's more impressive.

Last year was one of the most depressing football days of my life.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ah yes, good times.

Where are they now?

AB.JPG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will gladly settle for a goalless draw and last place on Match of the Day. With our squad we should go there in a confident frame of mind, but something seems to get left behind when we leave Sussex.

Likewise. As always on the road avoiding defeat will be the default objective of CH, and Colin isn't known for going all-out, although they really should be targeting this as an excellent chance for 3 points. Would not be surprised at a 0-0 in the wind and rain, and I'd take that.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I remember going to Ninian Park early 80s and had to leg it down the players tunnel with a couple of mates on final whistle, it was that or get a good thumping.

What grim days they were. Did anyone go there on the Seagull Special in the late 70s? That was fun getting to and from the ground, and I think the train was stoned afterwards. A mate of mine got hospitalised on another visit down there some time later. Always had to keep your wits about you there, and be prepared to fight or run to survive. The only other place that felt like that was the Old Den.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Cant remember which year but what about the game we were stuffed there 4-1 rings a bell where there was a hurricane blowing and persistent rain? it was terrible.

It was only two years ago (Feb 2016).
Many were saying we wouldn't get promoted and that Huddersfield would soon catch us. It was a nasty blip, but we still did it.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
What's the deal with the trains? I heard yesterday there's now rail replacement buses between Brighton & Three Bridges? I have a ticket for the game but am put off now as this means it's likely we'll miss our planned train from Paddington. Absolute joke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
What's the deal with the trains? I heard yesterday there's now rail replacement buses between Brighton & Three Bridges? I have a ticket for the game but am put off now as this means it's likely we'll miss our planned train from Paddington. Absolute joke.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
No trains between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway either (Buses)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here