Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Grenfell Tower bonfire

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Who exactly do you think they need protection from ? Genuine question .

Best ask them. They handed themselves in.

It's not that difficult to work out. We all capable of saying something completely outrageous in private or down the pub.

Take that a little bit further and some people get a laugh of turning up at a fancy dress at Bin Laden or a Nazi. No harm done, but probably one of your mates tell you we still love you but we thought you were a bit of a ****.

Take that a notch higher and burn a model of Grenfell Tower in your back garden making racist comments along the way. Maybe make the faces at the window out of brown paper, make a joke about the burning not being that accurate because it actually started on the 10th floor.

Throw in a few shouts of "stay in your room", the "policy" that has been questioned in the inquiry.

Still no harm done.

But then....

You share it privately within your group on a mobile and then (I'm theorising) someone on there thinks #### that's out of order, I'm going to circulate it publicly.

Quickly it's in the national (and international press) and the Police are involved.

Lastly (and most "unfortunately") house is an hour train ride away from the Grenfell Tower.

If I'd done that I'd be shitting myself. Call the Police very quickly because I don't actually want to think who I need protecting from.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Grenfell Tower incident is another excuse for weirdos to crawl out of their petty existence to mock others unfortunate lives.
On a sidenote, we were talking about this yesterday, when driving to Westfield Shepherds Bush.
As you come over the A40 westway, you see the tower with heart symbol on it, in total view of the wealth that pours into Westfield & BBC etc...
Does make you think somewhat.

I work opposite and watched it burn all day.

I felt completely the same. The Television Centre has been sold off and redeveloped into very expensive flats with a Soho house included. Not much now to do with the BBC, but they rent offices to the right.

However, to their credit (although not publicised) the BBC did a lot to help. As did Westfield and other local businesses.

Unfortunately on the ground is was complete chaos and the help wasn't coordinated,. The Government retrospectively should have made it a national disaster and assembled COBRA. It completely overwhelmed the local council.

But yes, completely incongruous. Just down the road people homeless and empty flats nearby. I think that every day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And you’re proud of that sort of bullying I guess?

The bloke was an utter dick, but so were some on here in what followed.
Indeed, and a very interesting and relevant parallel Mr P. The modern world enables pitchfork wielding mob justice and I for one am not comfortable with it. Maybe I was a decade ago, but as I've got older I'm not such a fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here