Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Grenfell Tower bonfire

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Morgan is sticking his oar in name and shame and then goes on to mention Grenfell families still haven’t been re housed. To me that is more disgusting than some dickheads thinking they are funny.

Morgan tried to stick his oar in asking Cllr Earths Pond if all the residents had been rehoused and was gutted when she replied yes!

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Racist chavs think they’re funny, shocker.

Hoping that they can be tried and convicted of an offence, rather than a warning (let off).

Let’s keep party politics out of this. Just like the murderers of Stephen Lawrence, these people are too brainless to understand.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
:

1) Five people have been arrested over this. Really? I mean it's vile, it really is, but do we really want to go down the path of arresting people for this sort of thing? I'd be interested to know NSC's opinion on this.

This shows more about the state and mind set of the people in this country and also the state of the police force.

Yes they are sick, stupid and have no idea the offence its going to cause, but to be arrested FFS

As sytated by [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] there are thick, boorish people everywhere - I don't want them arrested for it.

Go and catch the people with knives not the people making a dick of themselves.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
She could have commented in many ways, but the sensible thing to have done was surely to have said "it would be inappropriate to comment whilst this is being investigated" or something. As I say, it's not so much that she commented, just that she obviously did so readily when she was far more guarded about the actions of the local council, who quite possibly have blood on their hands rather than simply being boorish morons.

You'd have had plenty to say if it had been a Labour PM and Labour council whose watch this had been on.

Ahh Simster, the expert in Government communication! Maybe you should offer your services to them?

As far as your whataboutary regarding if it where a Labour MP, I’m more than certain that the ensuing bile would be spouted if Corbyn had responded with and I quote “it would be inappropriate to comment whilst this is being investigated"

[emoji23]

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This shows more about the state and mind set of the people in this country and also the state of the police force.

Yes they are sick, stupid and have no idea the offence its going to cause, but to be arrested FFS

As sytated by [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] there are thick, boorish people everywhere - I don't want them arrested for it.

Go and catch the people with knives not the people making a dick of themselves.

Agree police priorities are mad.......There seemed to be plenty of Police around the outskirts of Lewes last night making sure People weren`t doing that most heinious of crimes. Parking on verges.
Yet burglaries not interested!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ahh Simster, the expert in Government communication! Maybe you should offer your services to them?
You're clearly missing my point, which was more elequently explained by [MENTION=1561]lost in london[/MENTION]. Basically, where the PM comments in this way, it lends credence to mob mentality which could well end up with these idiots having their lives ruined.

As far as your whataboutary regarding if it where a Labour MP, I’m more than certain that the ensuing bile would be spouted if Corbyn had responded with and I quote “it would be inappropriate to comment whilst this is being investigated"
You might be right, if he'd been PM and acted in this way, he'd get the same reaction from me. Mind you, I'm no fan of Corbyn either. (Actually, I'd go so far as to say that May and Corbyn collectively are the worst major party leaders we've ever seen in living memory)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I tend to think people as stupid as this still probably don't see why it is deemed offensive. But there are thick, boorish people everywhere - I don't want them arrested for it.

Unsure I agree with your second statement - there are a few I would like to see banged up for just being that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there would have been howls of outrage if they had not been arrested and if May had not vociferously condemned the act - which was pretty sick really. politically better to condemn and be seen to be too harsh, that react late/too lightly that s politics in world of media today.
as they turned up to the station themselves, negligible police effort required for the arrest, now upto CPS if need to take further (ironically possible not as there's less political pressure for an example?)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
De mortuis nil nisi bonum.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I tend to think people as stupid as this still probably don't see why it is deemed offensive. But there are thick, boorish people everywhere - I don't want them arrested for it.

this , unfunny and distasteful , shouldnt be illegal.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Agree police priorities are mad.......There seemed to be plenty of Police around the outskirts of Lewes last night making sure People weren`t doing that most heinious of crimes. Parking on verges.
Yet burglaries not interested!

Just a sad state of affairs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You're clearly missing my point, which was more elequently explained by [MENTION=1561]lost in london[/MENTION]. Basically, where the PM comments in this way, it lends credence to mob mentality which could well end up with these idiots having their lives ruined.

You might be right, if he'd been PM and acted in this way, he'd get the same reaction from me. Mind you, I'm no fan of Corbyn either. (Actually, I'd go so far as to say that May and Corbyn collectively are the worst major party leaders we've ever seen in living memory)

You’ve forgotten Heath & Wilson Mk2!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The 19 year old arrested has been named as Bobbi Connell. According to his Facebook page, Mr Connell attended Harris Academy in South Norwood and now works for Ralph Lauren, having previously been employed by JD Sports.
He supports his local Premier League football team Crystal Palace.

His father Clifford too.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I live within sight of the tower. It has a banner atop with a huge love heart. I don't know why I chose to write this, I just did. Perhaps the people who did this are just insensitive idiots but as punishment I think they should be made to sweep up the streets around the tower and just spend some time in its shadow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here