Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    It was in very bad taste and should definitely know better, but it seems these kind of crimes are prioritized over burglaries, violent assaults and serious crime in general. For Theresa May to comment so quickly just seems all a bit suspect to me. Seems to be a thought police narrative to me, rather than TM and her government actually giving a single shit about it.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They deserve everything they get, wasn't someone singing a song on the spur of the moment or chanting something, they went to the time and trouble of building the model including the black people and the burka wearing woman and try to be as funny as possible to them but as offensive as anything could be to anyone with a sense of decency and knowing right from wrong.

They will have to go into hiding now as I they will be marked men for a long time.
      You have to be a bit of a sicko to actually put that kind of effort in. At no point in the process of building it did any of them have second thoughts and put a stop to it.
      Should they be processed as criminals? I’m not sure , I don’t know what they were chanting as it burned but they certainly need some kind of behavioural therapy. It’s just not normal behaviour.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      You have to be a bit of a sicko to actually put that kind of effort in. At no point in the process of building it did any of them have second thoughts and put a stop to it.
      Should they be processed as criminals? I’m not sure , I don’t know what they were chanting as it burned but they certainly need some kind of behavioural therapy. It’s just not normal behaviour.
      Perhaps they should give their house to a homeless Grenfell victim as a penitence
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'd go along with the they are unfeeling and heartless tossers general view - but that there are worse things in life than that.

Government statements are all just by the book reactions to get some right-on brownie points, mostly because if they didn't say anything then social media would be bleating on about how the government doesn't condemn obvious tosser views. The statements are not exactly going to convince class warriors to vote Tory, so it's just damage prevention rather than persuasion. Like much in modern politics it could be probably be run by AI these days without much trouble.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      Agree entirely. A perfect example of police time being wasted to satisfy the snowflake generation. "Hello is that the police? Someone is trying to break into my house." "Sorry, we're far too busy arresting people who posted a video that some other people may not like. We've got to get our priorities right."
      Er, no. You haven't grasped this have you? There is no need for the law to pursue these dimwits, but not for the reason you offer.

'Snowflakes'

Back in your box, then.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      im surprised at some asking why the police are involved, i'd have thougt it would be the right-wing, "why police dealing with this not catching immigrant rapists" types. strange times.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      The problem for the authorities is not so much what happened, but the fact:

1) It was uploaded on the internet and caused a mild social media storm.
      2) Has been covered extensively on the National Press and Television
      3) Made international news

A quite off the scale sick joke, that started as something private but quickly exploded into a big news story.

The Police are in a no-win situation.

A few years ago I saw someone hiding in a neighbours back garden (from my upstairs window) then a few minutes later this very distressed man knocked on the door because he had been mugged and needed someone to ring the police.

Apparently some people came to help and chased after the thief. Didn't take much to put two and two together to see he was crouching down in the garden below my flat.

Police simply didn't have the resources at hand to come immediately. They came much later but the bloke had seen his opportunity and gone.

As pissed off as I was (very much so at the time), I'd still expect them to investigate this. In any case they've handed themselves into the Police for "their own safety".

Yes, Police time has been wasted but that isn't their fault. I work near the Tower and local feeling has obviously been very raw since the tragedy.

Police simply can't be seen to ignore it even if it turns out no actual offence was committed.
      Last edited by clapham_gull; 06-11-2018 at 23:17.
      The oldest known computer

3 Not allowed!
      The sad thing is that this is not confined to a small group of imbeciles in Croydon. I’ve worked, in the past, with seemingly intelligent, hard working people who would also find this sort of behaviour amusing because of their extreme racial prejudices. Outwardly they appear quite normal until certain subjects are broached and then they show their true colours. They tend to limit their outbursts to other likeminded individuals, but it’s certainly very uncomfortable to listen to, if in earshot.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The police HAVE to deal with incidents like this, for the protection of the ****wits. They should at least be fined a lot for the resources needed. and mean while elsewhere someone is getting their house robbed because there arent enough police available. Personally I'm lost for words. They should be prosecuted. Again what for, dont know, I'm sure you cant go round burning "little ninjas" and stuff

0 Not allowed!
      Whenever there have been disasters, jokes and insensitive remarks follow often accompanied by ignorance. Those idiots are guilty of the latter more than anything clearly criminal in the legal sense.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"