Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    The oldest known computer

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure this is the right thread to point score tbh.
    No point scoring, just a direct quote from a newspaper report. No smileys, emojis or whatever they’re called.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Everyone will just end up doing something because they have to be seen to be doing something - politicians decry it, because how would it look if they do nothing; police investigate and charge because how would it look if they did nothing; employers will sack them because how will it look if they don't; the press slams them, because how will it look if they don't jump on the bandwagon.

Funny old world. Almost (but not quite) makes you feel sorry for the five simpletons.
      Members
      Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      But you can be convicted of being a public order offence dickhead, which probably means that you’re a bigger dickhead than an average dickhead.
      And probably they will see an arrest and their 15 minutes of fame as a huge laugh as well.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Morgan is sticking his oar in name and shame and then goes on to mention Grenfell families still havenít been re housed. To me that is more disgusting than some dickheads thinking they are funny.
      I wonder if any of the politicians will say this. You are spot on.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lost in london View Post
      Funny old world. Almost (but not quite) makes you feel sorry for the five simpletons.
      dont. its not a drunken lark in the moment, they have put some time into this, the construction, then videoing and uploading. plenty of opportunity to pause and think "this a good idea?". deserve everything, take responsibility.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Seagulls View Post
      I live within sight of the tower. It has a banner atop with a huge love heart. I don't know why I chose to write this, I just did. Perhaps the people who did this are just insensitive idiots but as punishment I think they should be made to sweep up the streets around the tower and just spend some time in its shadow.
      Or do like they would have in medieval times and bring back public stocks so poor could throw rotten fruit at them
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter
      Mon nez est parfait! Knocky's Nose's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      I tend to think people as stupid as this still probably don't see why it is deemed offensive. But there are thick, boorish people everywhere - I don't want them arrested for it.
      Jonathan Pie (character, he isn't real..) sums this up if you listen to the whole video. The guy is brilliant.

Ce Qui Donne?

5 Not allowed!
      Genuinely at a loss to understand how any of them could have thought this was a good idea, or in any way funny. They must have something wrong with them. To have gone to all the time, effort and planning to do something like this, then to film it, and upload it onto the internet for the world to see - did they not have a single inkling what kind of a shitstorm they would be bringing down on themselves once this went viral ?? Any normal person would be ashamed and embarrassed to share this amongst their own friends and family on Facebook / Twitter or whatever it is they posted it on. I'd be mortified if this was done by a family member or friend of mine.

The spectacular levels of stupidity within this pitiful group of cackling cockstains is absolutely off the scale. They're going to get absolutely slaughtered over this, and having deliberately brought it all upon themselves, they richly deserve it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Morgan is sticking his oar in name and shame and then goes on to mention Grenfell families still havenít been re housed. To me that is more disgusting than some dickheads thinking they are funny.

If we are going to have a hierachy on what is offensive with regards to Grenfell, lets start at those who are seeking to use the tragedy as a means of defrauding taxpayers, and/or charities. These individuals are the ones that should be headline news, these are the lowest of the low, essentially stealing not just off the taxpayer, but also off the families affected. I have yet to see these people subject to the vitriol that those burning this effigy have got or are going to get. Deserved or not perspective is out the window on this one...

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/e...0b4d308d1dec4/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...expensive/amp/

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/01/the-g...n-7593191/amp/

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/grenf...-years-1149282
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Point 2 yes

Point 1, well not much shocks me to be honest. Satire, inappropriate bad humour, sometimes people make errors of judgement. But this is just way outside of any of that, absolutely inexplicably stupid and vile. Im sure they will find a crime to associate it with. No idea what the punishment should be. We cant send someone to jail for being a ****. Removal from the gene pool seems appropriate. Im sure there are creative ways to do that with a bonfire say. Hey it could go on you tube! That would be a laugh