Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Lesser known album tracks which you believe deserve wider exposure

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
God I miss XTC. Huge fan of their earlier work, but there are some later gems including that. Can we include this, as it was only the B-side of a single?

It did have a single release in 1987 with Big Day as the B side but accept that was a B side to Grass earlier. Great track which a lot of the bible belt in America dislike intensely

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
God I miss XTC. Huge fan of their earlier work, but there are some later gems including that. Can we include this, as it was only the B-side of a single?

It was an album track in the US (instead of 'Mermaid Smiled' on 'Skylarking') :thumbsup:

Was going to go with 'Sacrifical Bonfire' as my contribution to the XTC love-in :) but decided on another favourite from Colin instead:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Rolling Stones' 'Gimme Shelter' is possibly the greatest-ever album-only track, maybe closely followed by 'Sympathy For The Devil', but both are well known.

This, however, is too often overlooked ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL0bbD569b4

Sympathy is my favourite song ever. I’d say Jigsaw Puzzle is also too overlooked; it’s a fantastic song which deserves far greater recognition but I guess it has a lot of competition within their back catalogue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here