Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth recruitment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eddie Howe has a better eye for strikers who deliver than CH and our recruitment team, sadly. Luckily GM used to play for us and wanted to come back, likewise Zamora. Our record in signing Premier quality strikers, other than those coming to the end of their career who had been here before is pretty woeful, maybe Andone will come good, it’s not like he’s had a chance yet.

Ulloa, Baldock and Barnes are as close as we’ve come and only one is Premier League class.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eddie Howe has a better eye for strikers who deliver than CH and our recruitment team, sadly. Luckily GM used to play for us and wanted to come back, likewise Zamora. Our record in signing decent strikers is pretty woeful, maybe Andone will come good, it’s not like he’s had a chance yet.

Very true. Hemed too, more than justified his signing.

Other than that, since 2011, we've got through an incredibly long list of bought and loaned forwards who've flopped.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very true. Hemed too, more than justified his signing.

Other than that, since 2011, we've got through an incredibly long list of bought and loaned forwards who've flopped.

Whoops forgot Hemed, another excellent Championship striker.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Regarding Wilson, I believe that our Warren was telling the club to go for him well before Bournemouth went in. Unfortunately, the guy in charge of player recruitment (who has since left the club) decided that he wasn't good enough.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
You can have Jordon Ibe lads - he's not very good. £15 million wasted imho and will go down as one of our worst buys without doubt. We've no idea how he's even making the bench.

We've also bought some right clangers in the past but have improved of late. Brooks is a revelation .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can have Jordon Ibe lads - he's not very good. £15 million wasted imho and will go down as one of our worst buys without doubt. We've no idea how he's even making the bench.

We've also bought some right clangers in the past but have improved of late. Brooks is a revelation .

That's what I said above. Bmuff fans and media, not thinking him worthy, especially at £15m.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It tells me that Hemed was worthy of our initial PL squad and team, helped keep us up, and towards the end of his career is still producing the goods at the next level down.

Sorry, I thought this thread was about strikers to take us forward in the Premier League and why we don’t sign them whilst Bournemouth seem to do well at it :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's not forget that Bournmouth have a slightly more 'perky' way of playing than us, so players who might look a bit meh playing for us look quite 'plucky' playing for them.

And I would rather entrust my sister with Jim Davidson than have the waster Ibe in my squad, and I don't even have a sister.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh deep joy, lose one game and start bleating on about everybody else being better than us.

If only we could sign only players that come good after 4/5 years playing in the same squad.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh deep joy, lose one game and start bleating on about everybody else being better than us.

If only we could sign only players that come good after 4/5 years playing in the same squad.

If only we could sign a striker that was good enough to last four or five years with us :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only we could sign a striker that was good enough to last four or five years with us :rolleyes:
Let's not be greedy, start with four or five weeks, and take it from there.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Eddie Howe has a better eye for strikers who deliver than CH and our recruitment team, sadly. Luckily GM used to play for us and wanted to come back, likewise Zamora. Our record in signing Premier quality strikers, other than those coming to the end of their career who had been here before is pretty woeful, maybe Andone will come good, it’s not like he’s had a chance yet.

Ulloa, Baldock and Barnes are as close as we’ve come and only one is Premier League class.

Ulloa obviously as he has a Premier League winners medal to prove it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here