Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth recruitment

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do they appear to be able to find good home grown players and we cant? I was thinking of players like Calum Wilson and David Brooks even Jordan Ibe.who would do us well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why do they appear to be able to find good home grown players and we cant? I was thinking of players like Calum Wilson and David Brooks even Jordan Ibe.who would do us well.
Yeh, and that Steve Cook ain't bad either. Wonder where they found him...............

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Calum Wilson £3m from Coventry and all 3 better than those we have paid £15m for IMHO.

In the Summer of 2014 when Bournemouth bought Wilson, we bought Chris O'Grady, Adrian Colunga and Sam Baldock.

Who got the better deal?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do you think Dan Ashworth is coming in?

That is the future and probably next season but why is it happening this season. Is it TB and PB not prepared to pay the going rate for players and looking for bargains all of the time. I dont know just asking for opinions.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That is the future and probably next season but why is it happening this season. Is it TB and PB not prepared to pay the going rate for players and looking for bargains all of the time. I dont know just asking for opinions.

I think they just look for what they perceive to offer the best VFM, whether that be home-grown players or foreign players - like any club, we get it right sometimes and wrong at other times.

To offer two examples, could you name an English midfielder of the same quality as Pascal Gross that we could have signed for £3 million? Can you think of an English goalkeeper of the standard of Maty Ryan who we could have signed for £5 million? I can't, in either case.

It's all about going where the value and opportunities are.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

You're kind of contradicting yourself. Signing David Brooks from Sheffield United smacks of looking for a bargain, as does signing Jordan Ibe (promising Liverpool youngster)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Take a look at Norwich city right and left back 18/20 year old who are helping Norwich to the top of the Leauge lots of pace and good engines. Send in the scouts

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Give it a rest BG.

1. Do you see Bournemouth setting up an academy from scratch and topping the Under-23 table or getting results against the development sides of the Top 6?
2. Dunk, Gross, Bong, March, Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, Duffy, Ryan - all established Prem players, all home grown or bought for under £5 mill.

Eddie Howe is a top Prem manager, and top Prem managers get quality young players to sign for them. Good for Eddie Howe - let him do his thing and we'll do our thing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think they just look for what they perceive to offer the best VFM, whether that be home-grown players or foreign players - like any club, we get it right sometimes and wrong at other times.

To offer two examples, could you name an English midfielder of the same quality as Pascal Gross that we could have signed for £3 million? Can you think of an English goalkeeper of the standard of Maty Ryan who we could have signed for £5 million? I can't, in either case.

It's all about going where the value and opportunities are.

:thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm surprised you havn't quoted Madison at Leicester as well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here