Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney to make England comeback

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Genuine answer: I'm not.

Sorry, maybe that makes me a bad person and I should care about it, but I just don't. If they want to do it, fine - I'm sure there are some that are quite good. If people want to watch it, fine, and if Albion and other clubs think it's the right thing to do to have a women's team, fine. Good luck and success to all concerned. But it's still not for me, thanks.

There's a difference in 'not taking it seriously' and 'not interested'.

I don't watch women's football, I'm not interested in it. It sounds like you're the same. I may well go along with my daughter as a first (more affordable/friendly) taste in football in a couple of years but at the moment I don't watch it.

However, to me, the phrase "taking it seriously" means accepting it as a legitimate sport, which it very much is. Hearing a male football fan say "who is actually taking women's football seriously?" to me, (and I may be wrong) reads as "yeah, but it's just WOMENS football innit?"

These players are VERY talented and sport is growing at an amazing speed. It's not one I watch, but it certainly is being taken seriously.

Maybe I misunderstood the original post's tone/use of language, which is very easy in text.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So, in the end Rooney had a nice presentation with Kane before the game (Rooney asked for the presentation to be from Kane, as current England captain and the guy he hopes to beat his goal record).

England then played some really nice football in the first half with the youngsters shining. It was clearly a second string with Croatia in mind. No player 'missed out' on game time because or WR and Callum Wilson scored on his debut. Southgate then did the multi subs second half with Wayne coming on and clearly resisting opportunities to shoot, instead continuously looking to set up another youngster.

In the post match interview, 18 year old Sancho said: "Playing with Wayne Rooney was a dream come true because obviously he is a big legend and a role model to me. I was a bit nervous ahead of the game and he came over to me and told me to just express myself because I had nothing to lose," he added.

Cor yeah, Rooney playing was a RIGHT disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here