Kayal 4
AJ 4
Izquierdo 5
March 5
Murray 6

Knockaert 5
Bissouma N/A
Andone N/A

Hughton 5 - just think we should play 4-5-1 against teams away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
5 very poor

Ryan 6 - don’t blame him for the goals
Bruno 6 - average
Bong 6 - did ok today
Dunk 6 - thought him and Duffy did well but marked down for handing the 3rd on a plate
Duffy 7 - Towering performance
Stephens 5 - outclassed
Kayal 5 - very poor game
AJ 3 - yet to add anything in any game. Maybe good in Iran but shocking in PL
Izquierdo 5 - not up to lasts years form yet.
March 5 - not a No 10 and gets shrugged off the ball far too easily
Murray 6 - no service as per normal away days

Knockaert 5
Bissouma N/A
Andone N/A

Hughton 5 - think we need to shake up the starting 11 and add some fresh legs

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Before the game I thought we had no chance today.

As CH has admitted recently we are not playing anywhere near our best and Everton are really strong this year especially at home.

However that ref today could have given us a break. When we actually won the ball which wasn't often to be fair, the amount of times he blew up for an imaginary foul was too often to count. A stereotypical homer. When can we have him at home please?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
5 very poor

Bruno 6 - average
Bong 6 - did ok today
Dunk 6 - thought him and Duffy did well but marked down for handing the 3rd on a plate
Stephens 5 - outclassed
Kayal 5 - very poor game

Knockaert 5
Bissouma N/A
Andone N/A

I have to say im finding it hard to understand how Ali J is getting starts ?, looks poor so far

theboybilly

5 very poor

Bruno 6 - average
Bong 6 - did ok today
Stephens 5 - outclassed
Kayal 5 - very poor game

Knockaert 5
Bissouma N/A
Andone N/A

I'll go with these marks except for marking up Stephens to a 6. AJ and Solly offered so little today

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 6 - an average performance. Seems to be a constant out ball for our defence but he's continually under pressure when kicking long and we seem to lose the ball continuously from this. I get the safety first principle, but it's not safe if you keep giving the opposition the ball
Bruno 7 - one of our better performers. Kept Bernard quiet and kept the ball relatively well
Duffy 7 - under constant pressure. Would've been 6 or 7 had he not played.
Dunk 6 - a goal, a big error and mixed with some good defending. Struggled against Richarlison though, who looks real quality.
Bong 6 - actually kept the ball relatively well. Defended relatively well too, particularly second half, although he was often out of position a lot in the first and struggled to go with his runners. But his final ball was atrocious in attacking area
Ali J 2 - he had two shots on target. So I can't give him a 1. But otherwise, this was just an awful, awful performance. I am yet to see anything from him that makes me think he's got "it" although I really hope to be proven wrong. He needs to learn to first control the ball, and then protect it with his body as moves broke down countless times down his sides. He was also terrible defensively, particularly in the first half where he failed to track Digne time and time again. Genuinely one of the worst Albion performances I've seen in years.
Stephens 4 - ouch. A bad day at the office. Got easily overrun. Failed to protect the defence. Passing at times was astray.
Kayal 4 - passing was all over the shop. Also, away from home his desire to press costs us as leaves too much space vacated for runners to move into.
Izzy 6 - gave the ball away too regularly, but still our one main outlet ball without Knockaert. At least protects the ball well too and keeps it for us, most of the time.
March 5.5 - a mixed performance. Created the ball and another chance, but didn't want to dribble with the ball, lost the ball too often and didn't have a shot. He often plays the ball the right way i.e. the way he's facing but it seems it's because he's not aware of what's around him enough to turn and look for a better pass.
Murray 4 - to be honest, he had no service, but he also didn't hold the ball up at all well. Dominated by Keane and Zouma.

Knockaert 6 - average. Did nothing of note but kept the ball well enough
Bissouma 6 - see Knockaert
Andone 6.5 - looked encouraging. Holds the ball well and seemed to be a clear outlet. Uses his body well and seemed to have a good touch and a lot of desire. Depending on his fitness, I'd be starting him against Cardiff.

CH 3 - not a good day at the office. I don't know what he said to them at half time, but it didn't work. His substitutions were utterly surreal. It was like he was watching a totally different game to everyone else; either that or he just threw the game in and wanted to give minutes to specific players.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Andone 6.5 - looked encouraging. Holds the ball well and seemed to be a clear outlet. Uses his body well and seemed to have a good touch and a lot of desire. Depending on his fitness, I'd be starting him against Cardiff.

CH 3 - not a good day at the office. I don't know what he said to them at half time, but it didn't work. His substitutions were utterly surreal. It was like he was watching a totally different game to everyone else; either that or he just threw the game in and wanted to give minutes to specific players.

Both of these particularly.

Very excited by the Andone cameo.......

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Very excited by the Andone cameo.......

I have to agree with this. He looked good under pressure on the ball unlike everybody yesterday

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I wasn’t there so interested to know why the subs were surreal as on paper they look fairly predictable/obvious?

From the comments is it more Knocky should have swapped with AJ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wasn’t there so interested to know why the subs were surreal as on paper they look fairly predictable/obvious?

From the comments is it more Knocky should have swapped with AJ?

Trouble is, IMO you could have replaced at least 6 or 7 yesterday.

My biggest issue is the persistence with 4-4-1-1, when we are so clearly overrun in midfield.

Kayal who has been exceptional, was so ill disciplined in terms of maintaining shape, so Stephens was completely exposed...

Solly doing his best, just never slots in to a 5. AJ frankly yesterday, looked completely out of his depth, and just confirms my thoughts on players from Dutch football.... Izquierdo was on a different planet.

Rant over.....

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
From the stream...
Ryan 6. Too slow with first goal? Worst performance for a while
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Bong 7 MoM
Ali J 4
Stephens 5
Kayal 4
Jose 5
March 4. Yes an assist but another very poor performance. Not pl standard
Murray 5

Knockaert n/a
Bissouma n/a
Andone 5
There
CH 4. He really needs to sort out our away performances - they are so consistently poor that they reflect a planning problem

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 6
Bong 5
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Bruno 6
Kayal 5
Stephens 4
Izqueirdo 5
Aj 3
March 4
Murray 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 6 No chance with the goals
Bruno 6 Did Ok nothing spercial either way
Duffy 8 MOM tower of strength
Dunk 7 Let down by giving away the goal
Bong 6.5 Solid defensively
Jahanbakshsh 4 Behind the pace of the game
Stephens 6 Received no help in midfield
Kayal 4 Poor game lost the ball and tackles too often
Iziquerdo 5 Quiet game
March 5 Offered nothing to the team
Murray 6 Dominated by Keane and Zouma couldnt win the ball.

Knockaert 5 Showed nothing to suggest he should be recalled to the start
Bissoluma 5 Didnt show much
Andone 6 Looked bright and did his cause no harm.

CH 6 Extra Point for his earlier substitutions.

Bad day at the office onwards and upwards to Cardiff.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I actually think Izquierdo was just as bad as Alireza yesterday (which is to say, terrible).

Whenever Izzy had a break he’d stop, check inside, and invariably lose the ball.

Seems to be severely lacking in confidence and really struggling showing any of the pace or ambition running at defenders of last season.

Alireza was just awful going forwards and back. Not impressed so far, but it’s early days. Unlike Izzy though, he doesn’t seem to really be especially quick, so even in full flow I wonder how many defenders he’ll get past.

Dreadful performance all round really, could’ve subbed 7-8 of them. Kayal/Stephens both had really bad days and Murray struggled.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I've being saying AJ offers nothing for weeks. Even his free kicks are just floated. Glad to see people finally agree. The fact that he was on the pitch while Knocky, March and Jose were off is just mind boggling. (Although he may be a decent number 9).

Jose is getting off lightly in the ratings. His decision making was appalling. Four or five good chances came to nowt because of him.

And Andone did look very sharp and promising. Again how he hasn't got game time ahead of Locadia is astonishing. Like Baldock, we probably won't see him again.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
From the stream...
Ryan 6. Too slow with first goal? Worst performance for a while
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Bong 7 MoM
Ali J 4
Stephens 5
Kayal 4
Jose 5
March 4. Yes an assist but another very poor performance. Not pl standard
Murray 5

Knockaert n/a
Bissouma n/a
Andone 5
There
CH 4. He really needs to sort out our away performances - they are so consistently poor that they reflect a planning problem

Bit harsh, Richarlison hit it perfectly 1st time and from not far away

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
^^^ if anything I think the second one was more savable albeit still very tough. Can’t blame Ryan at all, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here