Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Hughton Out" on Radio 5 Live

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nope. I disagree entirely with any badgers-nipple who is crying "Hughton Out".

We wouldn't be in the Premier League without Chris Hughton in charge. Now we're here we start wanting more and more - and clearly taking where we are for granted... Some people are like the fat kid in Pizza Hut at the Ice Cream machine sometimes. :glare:

We're PL new-boys, and not very long ago we were a Championship club. The gulf is HUGE. We've already discussed Fulham's "gung-ho" balls-out attacking approach, which has backfired.

Our defence had a stinker today it would appear (I wasn't at the game) - but they are the building block. CH knows about defending.

As already mentioned, wait until Dan Ashworth arrives. He could be the man to help CH unlock the midfield and attacking problems - and then we'll be a good team to watch.

Nail on head :clap:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Yes that is embarrassing. It puts us on a par with fans whom we're all to happy to slate.

However, this isn't a palace fan on a wind up, or even a lone Albion fan. It's not necessarily someone who started supporting at the start of last season. There's a significant minority getting wound up despite our excellent league position. I'm not prepared to dismiss them that easily.

The frustration is borne out of performances, rather than results
. It's borne of a nagging feeling that we could be getting even more out of what we have. It's borne out of an unease with Hughton's selection policy. It's born and of a style of play which eschews fast attacking, in favour of slowly edging the whole team forward.

I don't agree with any of this. I think the results justify all of these criticisms. But I can see what they're getting at

Listen to Hughton after all the last 4 games - he has been frustrated with the performances too. He doesn't tell them to pass to the opposition!!
Maybe the performances haven't been that great but we are in a period where we have had more injuries than the whole of last season - to key players as well. Despite this he was the only manager to have a 100% record last month.
Some of our fans need to grow up or f*** off and support Palace.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bit patronising. Just because this fan has a different opinion to the majority of us, doesn't really make them any less of a fan than those with a different opinion, surely?

I don't agree with the opinion myself, even though I can see why a tiny minority of fans might come to this opinion. Our football isn't that exciting at the moment, to be fair.

The fan is entitled to have an alternative opinion, it does make him an embarrassing COCKWOMBLE though and winner of Bellend of the year

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The fan is entitled to have an alternative opinion, it does make him an embarrassing COCKWOMBLE though and winner of Bellend of the year

Can't disagree with a single word of that :thumbsup:

Just saying though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Come on folks.

The reason he was chosen (Just like the Anti-Ginger Dalek valley) to speak was because he has a daft opinion. This is like clickbait or tabloid headlines. I doubt the guy was a real fan.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Tbf when I posted less than glowing comments about Poyet years ago I got hammered, years later the mob turned on gus,so who knows what the fickle thousands will demand tomorrow?

Gus turned on the club, and in many ways himself.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Come on folks.

The reason he was chosen (Just like the Anti-Ginger Dalek valley) to speak was because he has a daft opinion. This is like clickbait or tabloid headlines. I doubt the guy was a real fan.

Absolutely. Can you imagine the following on 606.....

Savage: And now we've got John from Eastbourne. Evening John, who's your team and what do you want to talk about?
John: I'm a Brighton fan Robbie, I'd like to talk about Chris Hughton please.
Savage: Sure. You've taken a beating today, are you not happy with him?
John: On the contrary Robbie, we've got a couple of key injuries and we've just won our last three beforehand. I think he's doing a great and very pragmatic job under the circumstances.
(Mohamed turns off mike and talks to the producer): Get this bloke off. How am I supposed to make him look stupid? He's right and he made correct use of a word longer than three syallables.
Savage: Yes, I agree entirely, he's such a role model for managers of Premier League teams with lower budgets and he's very honest and personable as well.
John: Indeed. And he never, ever goads the opposition, is always polite and has the utmost respect of the squad. He's deeply invovled in the community around Brighton and was amazing when Anthony Knockaert had depression. Unfortunately, today we were just beaten by a better team with a bigger budget, who were at home.
Savage: He looks good in a suit too eh?
(Mohammed gags noisily)
John: He does, but I really just care about surviving and in Chris's hands I'm sure we will.
(Mohammed rips the phone line out)
Two minutes of silence follows until the show is reconnected
Mohammed: Sorry about that listeners. I glad to say we're back with Tyler from New Addington who wants to talk about Wilf Zaha
Tyler: Well, I fink anyone wot says Wilf dives should be burnt in Whitgifts innit blud.
Savage: BURNED? Actually burned, Tyler??
Mohammed: Tyler, you're an idiot. Tell me more. Would you use petrol or diesel?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I expect the caller also phoned into the French versjon of 606 demanding that the PSG manager be replaced 12 straight wins from the straight of the season with a goal difference of +34 is not good enough with the resources the current manager has.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We’ve got 14 points and are without two of our key performers in Gross and Propper, with Solly March (in my opinion) floundering in a role he doesn’t really understand. CH is probably as frustrated as anyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he happen to say:-

'It's just my opinion and opinions are never wrong'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports