Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Hughton Out" on Radio 5 Live

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well if that's the case then my view as another Albion fan is we all have a right to an opinion but it's not an opinion I can agree with for me I think CH is doing a fine job with what he has had available and that this is an improving picture

I think 99% of us agree CH is doing a fine job.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Christ on a bike, has this fella murdered someone or what?

Obviously a good fan who has a different opinion, that's all. Stop this silly witch hunt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Im particularly frustrated about Izzy - i think CH has definitely reined him in. I remember the clever 1-2-1 moves in our last season in the championship - some of the cleverest football i ever witnessed from an albion player - now - (Wolves game i think it was) he makes his runs and instead of shooting he puts the brakes on and exactly as u said, waits and then the opposition get back into the penalty area and Izzy has left it too late..I mean its not like we would have been under pressure if he missed...not scoring from an attacking position when half their player are behind him wont make the move a bad move..

He joined in the summer after we got promoted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Obviously a good fan who has a different opinion, that's all. Stop this silly witch hunt.

Hardly a witch hunt. If you believe that is was done to create debate he's got it.

No one else rang in a national radio station then continued the debate under their own identity on Twitter.

That's social media for you. If you don't want the reaction don't create the opportunity.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think 99% of us agree CH is doing a fine job.
Of course, but that doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism. I think he is poor at bringing youth through, he is often too late in games to introduce effective subs, he could also be held to account for not integrating new players into the matchday squad in a timely manner.....
...... but he stays for sure despite that, the call-in geezer is a fool.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Witch hunt :lolol:

It’s mostly been a reasoned debate by nsc standards, the most horrific post of condemnation so far wasn’t to burn him, just ask if they were a proper fan. :drama:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
he could also be held to account for not integrating new players into the matchday squad in a timely manner.....

Which new signing isn't integrated into our matchday squad ? Our new signings this summer are either now first choice regulars (AJ), have featured from the outset, either starting (Bernardo (Match 1), Bissouma (Match 3), Montoya(Match 2)), or have been on the bench (Balogun, Andone, Button) for *every* single game . In Andone's case when fit a a month ago. The only signing (Montoya ) that isn't in the squad now but then thats because of Bruno's form and cos CH wants 2 flexible defenders (Balogun, Bernardo) in the 18 so no room.
Locadia isn't first choice but then he's been part of every matchday squad since February. And thats down to Glenn Murray and his own form. He's certainly been given chances and started several games this and last season.

True: Not every signing has gone straight into the 11 and stayed there but there's plenty of examples of that as well from last season (Ryan, Propper, Gross started from day 1) and eventually Izquierdo. And in 2016/17 Murray, Duffy were signings who became regulars straightaway.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think he is poor at bringing youth through

the choices recently presumably are should he have gone for Christian Walton over Ryan, Aaron Connolly over Locadia/Andone, Barclay (although he's in the squad)/Ben White etc over Balogun/Dan Burn.
All pretty unlikely. What youth should he be bringing through. ?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
the choices recently presumably are should he have gone for Christian Walton over Ryan, Aaron Connolly over Locadia/Andone, Barclay (although he's in the squad)/Ben White etc over Balogun/Dan Burn.
All pretty unlikely. What youth should he be bringing through. ?
It's more general than that, but yes Connolly should soon be getting a few cameo appearances from the bench at least, in my view.......

...... the pattern has been : Player performs well in Dev squad, gets a non playing bench appearance in cup or lower profile league game, gets shifted to loan club for season or two,... released/sold.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's more general than that, but yes Connolly should soon be getting a few cameo appearances from the bench at least, in my view.......

...... the pattern has been : Player performs well in Dev squad, gets a non playing bench appearance in cup or lower profile league game, gets shifted to loan club for season or two,... released/sold.

He should keep Andone out of the squad, a prolific la liga goal scorer/international ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Bit odd seeing Andy Naylor, who is regularly subjected to online abuse, tweeting personal insults about an Albion fan to 17,000ish people. Everybody needs to take responsibility if social media is gonna become less confrontational.

Quite.

Naylor should be above that. Very poor.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't know, not seen him have a shot yet.

Ok fair enough but you seemed pretty certain that Hughton, who definitely has seen Connolly and Andone a lot!, should be favouring youth players (who ?) over our first team players.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ok fair enough but you seemed pretty certain that Hughton, who definitely has seen Connolly and Andone a lot!, should be favouring youth players (who ?) over our first team players.
Nope, just suggesting that the evidence supports him being given a chance, no more risky than playing some of the seniors currently struggling with form or ability.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Nope, just suggesting that the evidence supports him being given a chance, no more risky than playing some of the seniors currently struggling with form or ability.

Ok. So you do think that a 18 year old who has never played a minute of first team football (outside of cups) should keep out Locadia and Andone and given, that you want him on the pitch; Glenn Murray as well. Ok. fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here