Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Creative midfielder

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In the meantime, why is there a closed door policy on the U23s?

What are people's thoughts about Dreyer's performances? Isn't he a number 10 style player?

I've seen a few of the u23 matches on streams, and Dreyer hasn't exactly stood out for me. He's left-footed and tends to play wide right. While skillful, he seems to lack pace and strength. The three non-defensive players that have stood out to me are Connolly, Gyokeres and Normann. Many have commented on the first two (and Gyokeres is probably most suited to the ACM role), but Normann is extremely classy in possession and has a good range of passes, although he's no spring chicken. The problem for the u23s, however, is that the leap to the PL is probably just too much. If we were in the Championship, there might be more opportunities, and I think all three of those would benefit from a loan spell to a Championship club, or L1 if that meant they were getting substantial game time.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nick Powell at Wigan is the obvious one, and we have bid before. He would be ideal to fight it out with Gross for the 10 role.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was surprised we never went back in for Powell in the summer after we were apparently so keen last January.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
should we not sign anyone in January, it may be worth going in for mason mount when derby inevitably bottle promotion again. Not ready for the chelsea first team and would probably require a epl loan.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Danny Drinkwater is a very good shout.

Danny Drinkwater is a good shout indeed. He’s been told he’s surplus to requirements at Chelsea so would be a great signing if we could get him. He’s the sort of player we need with his passing and ball winning abilities and I would have thought he’d jump at the chance to get his career back on track at a club where he has a strong chance of becoming a first team regular. It would then boil down to his wage demands.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Danny Drinkwater is a good shout indeed. He’s been told he’s surplus to requirements at Chelsea so would be a great signing if we could get him. He’s the sort of player we need with his passing and ball winning abilities and I would have thought he’d jump at the chance to get his career back on track at a club where he has a strong chance of becoming a first team regular. It would then boil down to his wage demands.

Wages would probably be an issue.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Could we not split the wage as we did for Wayne Bridge as it would suit all us as we get a player and Chelsea as they get some of his wages paid for a player with no prospect of making the first team.

If it was loan then yes, potentially. There might well be competition though. I'd imagine most the clubs in the bottom half and some in the top would be interested.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here