Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Huawei tablets

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at one of there 8inch tablets (cheap end)..for web/iplayer viewing/photos...anyone any experience of this make?

TIA

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
From Wiki - It is the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the world, having overtaken Ericsson in 2012.

In 2018, Huawei became 72nd of Fortune Global 500 in Fortune Magazine. As of 2018, Huawei is the second largest smartphone manufacturer in the world behind Samsung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I've have the mediapad M3 10" for some time now, and using it for web/email/video, office apps (Word/Excel) and some music. Added a 128GB SD card so plenty of memory for photo's, documents and loading music.

2 minor gripes:-
Huawei are slow to provide updates to Android and security patches.
Not all apps are optimized for the tablet hence they do not auto-rotate, only operate in portrait rather than landscape mode.

Does what I need with no problems, decent screen too.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Bought a 10" Mediapad for my mum, well made and does the job perfectly, I think it is the M3 version and she gets along with it fine. I've also got a P20 Pro phone from them and it is a decent bit of kit.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Money! Plus my very young grandson will probably get hold of it

I’n Just looking at something around the 8inch version ..also considering Lenovo

My grandaughter has been using her ipad independently since she was about two. She is very adept at using it. This has child settings enabled not if that is available on android. The screen does have a protective rubberised cover for the back. Don't think her machine has an 8 inch screen though and as been said they are probably double the price of competition

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have one. I only really use it for sports watching but it does what I want it to do and no complaints for the cash I paid for it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My grandaughter has been using her ipad independently since she was about two. She is very adept at using it. This has child settings enabled not if that is available on android. The screen does have a protective rubberised cover for the back. Don't think her machine has an 8 inch screen though and as been said they are probably double the price of competition

Ta for replies

My grandson uses his mums mini ipad4 and he’s 2.5 .....i’m very Apple oriented..but for its intended use money means i’ll Be looking at something cheaper

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've got their 8 inch one and their top end phone.

Great tablet, great phone.

huawei-mediapad-t3-8.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here