Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Much better than Newcastle imo and Everton were very good.

They really weren’t. We gave them the ball consistently, did little or nothing with it, we gifted them all of their goals.

I expect to beat them at home, as I genuinely believe we can’t play that badly again..

All opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As with most teams we are the sum of all the parts, we however only need a few below par to really hurts us. Today was such a day, the midfield struggled, Murray was not at his best, March not at the races, AJ nowhere to be seen. It was a horror show at times and we could have been stuffed out of sight. The cross field passes at the back only created our own pressure with Bruno often only able to knock it 5 yards forwards with AJ immediately losing it and it coming back at us.

The last few weeks, no different to what Hughton alluded to, we have been under par but with a fair amount of good fortune got results. Today was a stark realisation we have a way to go.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We went into the second half trying to hold on for the away point and got what was deserved.
If we keep playing this way away we will only ever be a bottom half of the table team.
I never stay up for away games now and will not till the attitude changes.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Got home late tonight and wow were we terrible today. Shared a cab with some Everton fans back to station and they thought we were awful and worst tjis season and was hard to disagree.

How on earth is Solly March starting at number 10 when we have at last three players on the bench that actually look like they can run when they finally get on the pitch? Hopefully that will be the end of that experiment because March is so out of his depth the bends are kicking in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It was only a matter of time for me to wait as I guessed he would return to norm at some point.

So you have been patiently waiting in the wings for Kayal to have a dip in form, after a recent good run, so you can recycle your nasty and outdated views? No wonder you wind people up so much!

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Richarlison £40m
Sigurdsson £45m
Walcott £20m
Keane £25m
Tosun £27m
Mina £28m
Pickford £25m
and the list goes on.

This might be exactly right as certain fees have add ons or are undisclosed but I made the cost of the starting elevens to be Everton £217M Brighton £43M

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
BULLSHIT ALERT!
Propper passing success: 81.1 %
Kayal passing success: 69.2 %

Source: https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/211/Show/England-Brighton

You can't just look at passing accuracy though. There's a lot to Kayal's game that is superior to Pröpper's. Looking at Pröpper's stats you can see that his ability to play successful long balls is something we lose with Kayal in the side, but in addition Kayal has generally slightly better attacking stats. Kayal is also a far more tenacious player with better stats in all defensive areas than Pröpper and statistically speaking, in my interpretation, has given a greater overall contribution to the team.

Figures from WhoScored
Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 07.14.24.png

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I think Chris Hughton should be praised to the hilt at the moment for getting a Championship team competing in the Premier League. :shrug:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I thought we were woeful yesterday and can’t understand why we keep doing the same things and expecting different results.

March, Jahanbaksh and Izquierdo is a ridiculous selection away from home against all but the worst two or three teams in the league. You can afford one player in a creative role, which clearly should be Izquierdo as he’s the only one of those three likely to create a chance, beat a man or score a goal, but not three. Especially when two of them contribute absolutely nothing to every game they play. Izquierdo is also the only one with any strength who isn’t simply brushed aside by the opposition. How on earth was he the first man subbed off? I’m not writing Jahanbaksh off yet as it does take time to adapt to this league, but at the moment it’s like playing with ten men. As for March, I’m a bit fed up of the excuses made for him now. Let’s just come to terms with the fact he’s not even close to being good enough for this level and never will be.

Stephens and Kayal aren’t quick enough to the ball when up against a fast and physical team like Everton or good enough with the ball at their feet to get us moving up the pitch. I’ve said for the last year that Propper is our best player and his current absence is proving that.

Most importantly of all, I’m fed up of pathetic selections, refusal to change in the face of overwhelming evidence that what we’re doing away from home isn’t right and boring, defensive football with the only aim of clinging on to what we have. Hughton at home is brilliant. I honestly don’t think anyone could get more out of our squad than he has over the last 18 months. But the Hughton we see at away games deserves the sack.

As for next week, get Bissouma in a midfield three so we aren’t overrun, get Andone in and get rid of the ineffective lightweights like March and Jahanbaksh. Let’s have a team with some pace and power rather than a bunch of reluctant dullards.
Before yesterday we won three on the trot. Get a grip FFS.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
You think Everton are an average team? Blimey!

They're not a top six side any more, which, coupled with my total disappointment in yesterdays result=average
They haven't been great for a while now, but I should have said average premier league team:)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I think Chris Hughton should be praised to the hilt at the moment for getting a Championship team competing in the Premier League. :shrug:

Chris Hughton has spent £100m or so since promotion so I’d question why we’ve got a Championship team.

Capture.PNG

Chris Hughton may well have spent £100m or so since promotion but in recent matches due to injuries our starting line-up is virtually a Championship side.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Before yesterday we won three on the trot. Get a grip FFS.

Think you will find most of what he is saying is about the away selection, and for me most of it is right.

We have won 4 games away from home since promotion.

CH continues to play the same tired formation week after week after week away from home. Remember we were lucky that Newcastle could not hit the barn door. After the goal was scored we sat back instead of going for the 2nd..

Teams know how we will set up weeks in advance of playing because its that obvious that CH does not seem to play anything other system than the system that has yielded us 15 points from a possible 75 in the Premier league.

Try something different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here