Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess I know that really, but it still grates :lol:

Consequently, I have been known to pause, wait until he's restarted his viewing, then ask him another question just so he has to pause it again :lol:

I just say, hang on, I'm watching something. :lolol: I can usually tell by his face if he really wants to talk.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Talking to me about pretty much anything before I am properly awake which happens at about 10am. And eating when I am not eating. But that's not reserved for Mrs Giraffe, that's all human beings. I don't mind when the dog does it, the eating, not the talking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love how women call it multi-tasking. What you are actually doing is half arseing a few tasks because you can’t concentrate on one thing at a time. You do realise that us men wait until you have cleared off then go around fixing all the jobs you have half completed .

Other way round in my house.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
To be honest, I could post on this all day

- The endless bags of clothes that get delivered, hang around, then returned unworn.
- The stupid questions during films. You know, stick Die Hard on and it's 'Is Alan Rickman the goodie or baddie?
- The way my stuff gets put away in random places that I'd never find even if I was world champion of hide and seek. I wanted my gloves last weekend which she had put in a tupperware container under the spare bed. Obviously.
- The way the dishwasher is 95% full but not switched on. Really handy after dinner for 4.
- Episodes of friends on the TV constantly. Do one Joey you massive bell cheese. You weren't funny then and you certainly aren't now.
- Breakfasts consisting of blended fruit and smashed avocodo creating all sorts of detritus in the kitchen when the kids have to be in school in 10 minutes and I'm late for work.
- The fact I've never been made a coffee from the nespresso machine as she 'doesn't know how to work it' We've had it 4 years. You don't need a degree in mechanical engineering. Just press the effing button on the top and stick a capsule in. On the flip side, I'd get all sorts of grief if I didn't make her a cup of tea in the morning whilst I was operating the hadron collider to make my coffee.

I love my family more than anything else in existence but by God they can wind you up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The kitchen. She's like a magnet when I go in there. Yesterday, I was emptying the dishwasher minding my own business. In trots the wife and chucks a bag of washing on the floor, blocks the way to all the cupboards and opens the washing machine and then starts sorts the washing into colours. I thought bollocks to this and went in the lounge to get the 'Are you going to finish this off? question

Well I effing would if you'd get out the way FFS.

:laugh:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
He may be showing respect to the one he loves....
or he may have been stung by these casual yes/no questions whilst watching the box before and is rewinding them to save in a long term memory file.
For example can you pick the kids up from school 3 weeks on Monday only requires a casual yes answer but If you don't mention it again for 3 weeks it was still his fault nobody collected them as you passed the responsibility.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I love how women call it multi-tasking. What you are actually doing is half arseing a few tasks because you can’t concentrate on one thing at a time. You do realise that us men wait until you have cleared off then go around fixing all the jobs you have half completed .

Quite. There is no such thing as multi-tasking. What is happening is switch-tasking. It's not possible for your frontal cortex to work on two completely different things at the same time.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another one I’ve found with a lot of women. It’s an odd hour, say 8am on a day off or 10 at night. They’ll decide to just clean a spot of dust they have spotted on the top of the blinds.
Fast forward 3 hours, all the blinds are down soaking in soapy water, sofas are pulled forward, the loft hatch is open, work has commenced . No, jobs like that have to be scheduled they can’t be done on a whim. I just leave the house when I see this starting, I used to let myself get roped in but not anymore, see ya!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

I'm with your other half on this, and see others are too. I can't concentrate on two things any more, and anyway it seems respectful to pay attention to what you're saying.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed... :)

You will probably find one of the top annoyances for men is women talking over television. An ex of mine was so bad I decided to go to the cinema with her instead as you can't talk in the cinema............or so I thought.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Most annoying habit is making me go clothes shopping with her, then getting pissed off if I dont like what she wants to buy

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Watching the Christmas24 channel non stop since September....and then spending most of the time on the iPad, while supposedly viewing said Christmas movies. Any move to change channels gets the usual "Dont turn it over, Im watching this" response....
Also leaving shoes & mugs everywhere in the lounge, instead of putting them away! Grrrrr....

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
This is certainly not exclusive to my other half but trying to talk to me from another room. You only catch every other word , the washer is usually on or the TV or radio so I can barely hear them. Just come into the room and talk. Just not while I’m trying to watch a program though.

Yes, this grinds my gears. She'll start talking when she has no idea where I am, and accuse me of ignoring her.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Edna, I pause or mute the TV when the wife is trying to talk to me, because I'm one of those people that cannot handle multiple inputs at once. I can't concentrate if the TV is on. I actually very rarely watch it, but the wife has to have it on in the background. So yeah, it infuriates her that I can't just pay attention without doing that.

On the other hand, here is a minor list off the top of my head that annoy me but must never be mentioned:
She won't scrape food off plates properly before putting them in the dishwasher
She then complains that the dishwasher doesn't work properly (the spray arms are full of bits of food - I have to clean our dishwasher parts monthly at least, having previously never done this in about two decades)
If the dishwasher is full, she'll put pots, pans, plates (non-scraped) etc into the sink and fill with water. Thus coating everything with a layer of grease.
She talks inordinately loudly whilst 1 foot away from me in bed
She whispers to me across rooms, whilst hoovering with the TV on

I'm absolutely besotted with this woman, but she's nuts

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
An average whatsapp conversation:

Her: Hey I might be coming home late tonight
Me: that’s ok, I’ll see you later
Her: also
Me: also what?
Me: can you just tell me what you want?
Me: hello?
Her: Did you need anything from Asda?
Her: plz respond
Her: ? ? ?
Her: seriously you are so bad at responding to messages
Her: Ok whatever I didn’t want to talk to you anyway

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm with your other half on this, and see others are too. I can't concentrate on two things any more, and anyway it seems respectful to pay attention to what you're saying.

Sure, but I'm not generally about to launch into a long conversation. Just one simple question. And I could understand if he's watching something deeply complex or involving, with a thrilling blink-and-you'll-miss-it denouement. But usually it's something like the second round of the Ulan Baataar Masters on SkyGolf, with the opening pairing of Randy Buttweiper and Travis Schlong IV rolling up to the eleventh hole at three over apiece.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here