Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Annoying habits of your other half

3 Not allowed!
    Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed...
    The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      He posts on here, so I'll just say, he's wonderful.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed...
      You’d hate me then. I rewind to the bit where the wife interupted to ensure I didn’t miss anything. And yes it drives her mad too.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      He posts on here, so I'll just say, he's wonderful.
      I hope BensGranny does too.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

18 Not allowed!

I'll start.

You're completely missing the point there Edna. It's not being paused to listen to your question - its being PAUSED to let you KNOW that you've INTERRUPTED his viewing, but he doesn't want to start a row by saying 'shhhhhhhhhh, I'm watching something'. How do I know this ?

Anyway......top for me is Mrs D putting dirty dishes on the worktop above the dishwasher until there is a big collection of them. Put them IN the dishwasher as you create them FFS.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

I'll start.

I’m with him ..Although it doesn’t seem to annoy my ex other half

10 Not allowed!

I'll start.

Perfectly reasonable response. How does he know how long you’re going to waffle on for?
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

10 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      You're completely missing the point there Edna. It's not being paused to listen to your question - its being PAUSED to let you KNOW that you've INTERRUPTED his viewing, but he doesn't want to start a row by saying 'shhhhhhhhhh, I'm watching something'. How do I know this ?
      I guess I know that really, but it still grates

Consequently, I have been known to pause, wait until he's restarted his viewing, then ask him another question just so he has to pause it again
      Members

0 Not allowed!

I'll start.

I'm with him on that one. I press pause everytime also.
      Je suis rôti de boeuf RandyWanger's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

I'll start.

I do this too, just to be a dick.
      Going for the juggler