Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed...
    He's making a point that he thinks your question is pointless or could wait until after his very important TV programme is over. IMO.
    ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      I visit the smallest room in the house to perform my ablutions, and before I know it she's in there with our best oriental kitchenware chopping it up before it's had time to mature.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A few MASSIVE issues in our house.

1. She will watch a programme on standard tv when it is on HD. Why would anyone do that?

2. Chucks the toothpaste away when there are a few days worth left but require effort.

3. Takes the bin bag out of the bin but leaves it open to make sure it is full to the brim which involves a few hours with open bin in the kitchen. It is grim.

4. Has no concept of how long five minutes is after she has said “I will be five minutes”

I am not sure how we have overcome these issues to last almost 20 years together.

0 Not allowed!
      He has a habit of starting to talk to me when he can see I have headphones in, then gets annoyed when I don't answer immediately - especially annoying if I'm watching an Albion game online and am only using my headphones because he doesn't want to listen to football commentary.

He's also incredibly indecisive and eats/drinks annoyingly loudly.

Aside from that though, he's alright.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Could be a long thread, and could also possibly a dangerous one.

But let's do it anyway. Little things your other half does that annoy, possibly quite irrationally.

I'll start.

If he's watching TV and I walk in and say something, he always has to pause the programme in order to address the conversation and reply. Even if I ask a single question that takes two seconds (like "Are you working tomorrow?"), he has to pause the TV so he doesn't miss anything VITAL in those two seconds. Then he looks at me for confirmation the conversation is over, and presses Play to carry on viewing. I could understand if it was likely to be a long conversation, but when it just requires a yes or no answer...come on!

I don't really know why this annoys me, but it does....nor do I know how he coped before Sky boxes existed...

Is the terminology '' still breathing '' allowed ?

0 Not allowed!
      My chief one is that she will ALWAYS start talking to me as she moves into another room. She has quite a small voice too.

Also she claims we only ever have "my" music on when actually I only put stuff on that I think she'd like, or she picks music (including stuff I'm not a fan of). I like tonnes of (mostly heavier, or weirder/more electronic) stuff that I wouldn't ever play around her.

She cannot watch a film in cinema conditions (i.e. low light) without falling asleep within first 20-25 mins.

Takes four-thousand years to get ready for even the most informal of gatherings.

Other than these, she is brilliant.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

2 Not allowed!
      My better half and I grew up when phones had to be attached to the wall...

I grew up in a home where the phone was in the entrance hall so, generally, if I get a call I will leave the room to talk.

She grew up in a home where the phone was in the living room and so she just picks up the f**king phone and talks to whoever while I'm trying to watch the f**king television!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by father_and_son View Post
      My better half and I grew up when phones had to be attached to the wall...

I grew up in a home where the phone was in the entrance hall so, generally, if I get a call I will leave the room to talk.

She grew up in a home where the phone was in the living room and so she just picks up the f**king phone and talks to whoever while I'm trying to watch the f**king television!
      Mine does that but she Facetimes. Maybe I should pause the TV

0 Not allowed!
      A dirty saucepan will become automatically clean if you fill it with hot water , a single squirt of washing liquid and then position it in the sink stacked on another pot with same. Its magic !!

1 Not allowed!
      ...oh yeah...

That advert for some estate agent or the other where the old guy keeps getting called to go upstairs or carry stuff upstairs for her, etc. Then she shouts but when he's half way up the stairs and she says "Oh, it's alright" and he has to walk back down. So in the end they move to a bungalow.

My other half said.... "ahhh, that's us!" like it was the most loving f**king thing in the world a couple could do. b*tch!