Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Ruddock 'deliberately broke Andy Cole's legs'

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Former Liverpool defender Neil Ruddock has sparked a social media backlash over an interview in which he admitted deliberately breaking Andy Cole's legs.

In the Talksport interview, Ruddock said he had targeted Cole because of the Manchester United striker's feud with fellow England star Teddy Sheringham.

Cole was injured when Ruddock tackled him during a reserve game in 1996.

"Basically, I loved kicking Andrew Cole," Ruddock told Talksport.

"I know this is not big or clever but in one tackle I broke both his legs, because he annoyed me."

Explaining the reason for the horror tackle, which sidelined Cole for several months, Ruddock said: "I'm great friends with Teddy Sheringham and Teddy Sheringham didn't like him - and if Teddy Sheringham didn't like him, I don't like him."

Surely an assault charge can be pressed?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a cock.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Well, Neil 'Razor' Ruddock was a very intelligent chap, both now and then. Also a very gifted player.

Oh, hang on - no, he wasn't....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Should be prosecuted, both privately and by the police.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Last time I heard anything about Ruddock he was being chased down by bailiffs on the "Cant Pay? We'll Take It Away" television show as he had knocked a kennel for a four figure sum and the court had found against him. After threats from both him and his scrubber girlfriend,Ruddock agreed a payment plan but then lied through his back teeth about settling the debt and stopped answering his phone. Not sure how it finally worked out but millions of people must have seen it as it gets repeated often. The man is a slob and a louse. Pot-bellied over-the-hill toe rag, a vile bloke with vile attitude who thinks he's untouchable.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Now I'm sure I didn't imagine this.

He stamped on Booby Zamora I think at the Withdean when playing for Swindon and the referee missed it.

I think most of the crowd did as well. I was seated on one of those stands behind the goal.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well, Neil 'Razor' Ruddock was a very intelligent chap, both now and then. Also a very gifted player.

Oh, hang on - no, he wasn't....

Hold on there,
What about that time that when he retired from the game he surprised everyone by not being a boorish, thick, thug.
.on some run down of the 10 worst ***** for **** TV.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course he did...

...How else would he fit them into his mouth.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
What a ****.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Remember press rumours of Ruddock coming to us to finish off his playing days with his mate Micky when we had Adams.
Remember Mr Adams telling me over a few late night brandies why it would never happen in a million years, unless someone puts that Ruddock/Adams story to print first i will be taking it to my grave. :ohmy:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Last time I heard anything about Ruddock he was being chased down by bailiffs on the "Cant Pay? We'll Take It Away" television show as he had knocked a kennel for a four figure sum and the court had found against him. After threats from both him and his scrubber girlfriend,Ruddock agreed a payment plan but then lied through his back teeth about settling the debt and stopped answering his phone. Not sure how it finally worked out but millions of people must have seen it as it gets repeated often. The man is a slob and a louse. Pot-bellied over-the-hill toe rag, a vile bloke with vile attitude who thinks he's untouchable.
This! Fat **** with typical wag slag misses

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Remember press rumours of Ruddock coming to us to finish off his playing days with his mate Micky when we had Adams.
Remember Mr Adams telling me over a few late night brandies why it would never happen in a million years, unless someone puts that Ruddock/Adams story to print first i will be taking it to my grave. :ohmy:

:lol: Did you swap any dank memes?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Blimey - makes you wonder why he never played for Palace, would have been a great fit. Oh, hang on.....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Blimey - makes you wonder why he never played for Palace, would have been a great fit. Oh, hang on.....

I lost a bet with a mate once and as a result had to attend a Palace game in the home end. Odd. Very odd.
It was against Barnsley in the late 90s, and Ruddock did absolutely everything in his power to get sent off - the ref let him off 3 or 4 straight red card challenges before eventually succumbing. I've never seen any player before or since clearly want to be sent off as much as he showed during that game.

Palace fans gave him a standing ovation as he trudged off, laughing to himself.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I lost a bet with a mate once and as a result had to attend a Palace game in the home end. Odd. Very odd.
It was against Barnsley in the late 90s, and Ruddock did absolutely everything in his power to get sent off - the ref let him off 3 or 4 straight red card challenges before eventually succumbing. I've never seen any player before or since clearly want to be sent off as much as he showed during that game.

Palace fans gave him a standing ovation as he trudged off, laughing to himself.

Not sure what the bigger offence is here

Ruddock

or

You having a bet that may involve paying the get into the pikey Palarse dump !!!!

Never in a million years would I entertain a bet that involved that. Have some dignity man.:D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here