Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What are you eating on World Vegan Day?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From my personal experience the vast majority of vegetarians I know do it for health and/or environmental reasons. The best thing about this approach is it heads of that tiresome “but you’re wearing leather shoes” quip..

To start with I am wearing leather shoes

Or maybe not.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Today is World Vegan Day. I'm going to have jacket potato with vegan sausage and chilli beans, how about you?

Just come back from Toby carvery. Had gammon and turkey for meat. Vegan day isn't for me. Leave that to the crusties.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If others want to be vegan, then fair enough.

I will never be a vegan - and tonight is a beef stew. It’s in the crockpot waiting for the rest of my meat eating family.

Think what our green and pleasant would look like if we were all serious vegans. No cows in the fields, no piggeries, no little lambsies. Farmers wouldn’t keep them as a tourist attraction.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm having Hungarian goulash.If it's authentic,I expect it will have horse meat,but the red wine disguises whatever it is anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was at Veg Fest the Brighton Centre last year. It was rather good and some of the food was nice apart from the fake chicken type things and the revolting "cheese". The people were odd with one guy setting himself up as a kind of Messiah figure with people queueing up to touch him and hear his wisdom. Others brought stricken children along and shoved them in front of him looking for vegan cures for their ailments. poor little ********. You can tell by the look on their faces they have been, literally, wheeled along to these fests week in week out. Give them their meds and leave them alone.

Strangely I saw a lot of council estate types there. That surprised me.

Were there lots of free samples being handed out perhaps ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Just to be clear, I have no problem with vegans or vegetarians, we're all free to eat what we want. This video did make me a chuckle though. I know a couple of vegans who can't stop banging on about being vegan and trying to force their veganism (is that a word?) on to me.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I didn't get the memo, so I had a roast beef sandwich for lunch.

I’ve just devoured my usual Thursday Evening dinner of Turducken and roast potatoes with a beef jus.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I've just finished my second Vegan - had him roasted and wrapped in bacon. Have I misunderstood the point of the day?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Went to Casa Don Carlos. Had kidneys, rabbit, mussels, chicken and sausage. Fairly sure none of it was vegan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have all been smothered with far too much garlic so it wouldn’t have mattered what you ordered surely ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you want to be Vegan fine, but why is there a need for a Vegan Day. When is it World Rhubarb Crumble and Custard day?

Tuesday, I believe.

Anyway, tonight Matthew I will mostly be having stir fry with chicken, noodles, cashew nuts, assorted veg and a spicy satay sauce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here