Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
:lolol:

Fine dining comes to Stoke!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s the nations reward for, in a one off fit of protest, marginally voting Brexit

Who will work there though? It’s too much like hard work for the locals. And they’ve probably run all the foreigners out of town...if there were any stupid enough to live there in the first place which I doubt.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Who will work there though? It’s too much like hard work for the locals. And they’ve probably run all the foreigners out of town...if there were any stupid enough to live there in the first place which I doubt.

You really don't like Stoke, or the people of Stoke do you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Gotta say, by way of balance, have seen plenty of nice hard-grafting local kids working in any Spoons I've ever been in. Plenty of equally nice hard-grafting kids from Europe and beyond also. Doubt that very much will change post-Brexit, beyond maybe approved companies having to sponsor any non-UK workers they take on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gotta say, by way of balance, have seen plenty of nice hard-grafting local kids working in any Spoons I've ever been in.

I’m not doubting this. Have you been to the current spoons in Stoke though?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There are some real snobs on here as Wetherspoons cater drink wise for all ages, races and wealth level.

Tho I rarely agree with you on anything at all BG, I agree with you on this one. A can of craft beer is a can of craft beer. Main objection seems to be that in Spoons it costs half of what it costs in a bar that's all beards and tattoos. Don't really get the sneering. It's the beer equivalent of car owners sneering at bus users.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
:O

Wetherspoons chairman Tim Martin used his small face to announce the first of what he has termed ‘Megaspoons’, seating up to 200,000 desperate, cash-strapped punters.

The dream of the first ‘Megaspoons’ became a reality when Martin bought up the entire city of Stoke for £500,000 earlier this year.

It is understood that the citizens of Stoke who accepted their share of the Wetherspoons windfall are now looking to cash in and retire to Darlington.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Meaning they serve anybody irrespective of race so the drinks they supply are also for those people.

Are there some pub chains in 2018 who have a racist drinks policy?!

Seems a weird thing to compliment them on. Like "And they also serve women"

Well, yeah.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went into a pub in West Midlands and ordered a Light and Bitter and was promptly told by the elegant bar lady to F..Off we dont serve Cockneys.. I didnt think that any pubs served women now you had to bring your own.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I don't like the one down West Street, but I've been in some really pleasant ones in other cities (usually old bank buildings), nothing wrong with Ham, Egg and Chips with a chilled white wine
Also they are friendly and I don't mind going in them alone. I wouldn't set foot in some pretentious Craft Beer place on my own

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are some real snobs on here as Wetherspoons cater drink wise for all ages, races and wealth level.

The joke is more about Stoke than Wetherspoons. I use Wetherspoons myself, in fact I have the app on my phone which was utilised just last Sunday. The beer is great, the food not so. The only decent food on the menu is the cooked breakfast. The sausage and mash I had a few weeks back was appalling. I was hungover yet it still tasted and looked horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here