Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Most expensive season tickets in Europe

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
That's what i pay for West Upper front row. Good value but i can see the prices going up again for next season. The club know 6k are waiting in the wings.

Might be 6k on waiting list but a large proportion of those are members purely for buying tickets and have no intention of buying a STH for various reasons such as location or work. They join waiting list just in case and it comes free with membership.

Ops, hush my mouth That's something else they could charge for, don't tell PB

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As an aside I bought a couple of guest tickets for the Arsenal home game on Boxing Day. five rows from the front but in the corner of the North Stand. £45! I was shocked. That is a very expensive ticket for a very average (arguably poor) view.

£156 for 3 ST Guest tickets for the Chelsea game in the SE corner

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That, and that Albion season ticket includes around £150 worth of transport (based on living in Worthing - possibly more from other places).

If you happen to live within the travel zone (and at the far end of it in Worthing), take public transport, don't have a discount railcard and don't already have a season ticket. The actual estimated calculation per person, and what the club pays, will I suspect be quite a bit lower. I'm sure I saw the figure on here before, but I can't remember what it was.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you happen to live within the travel zone (and at the far end of it in Worthing), take public transport, don't have a discount railcard and don't already have a season ticket. The actual estimated calculation per person, and what the club pays, will I suspect be quite a bit lower. I'm sure I saw the figure on here before, but I can't remember what it was.

I'm talking about what it saves me, not what it costs the club. Worthing to Falmer must be £7-8 a go, and I'd otherwise have to be paying that for most home games.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Travel, padded seat, wifi. Yeh, but sorry it's still bloody expensive. If you want a single ticket for a big game, it's completely ridiculous. I agree with all the comments that given the vast amount of TV money dished out, matchday attendance prices could be slashed with minimal impact on income

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm talking about what it saves me, not what it costs the club. Worthing to Falmer must be £7-8 a go, and I'd otherwise have to be paying that for most home games.

Of course, but if we are talking about averages to provide a more accurate representation of costs (what you were replying to), then it's not £150.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I found a whole roll of Palace season tickets being given away for free in the mens bogs at the Lord Nelson the other day this cant be right!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
As an aside I bought a couple of guest tickets for the Arsenal home game on Boxing Day. five rows from the front but in the corner of the North Stand. £45! I was shocked. That is a very expensive ticket for a very average (arguably poor) view.

Which is why. as a match day ticket purchaser I won't do Cat A games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here