Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lewis bonfire

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
I know the policy us to discourage people travelling but is there anywhere in walking distance you can actually park if coming from the Brighton direction.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not sure Dunk will like random people turning up at his bonfire party.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
rather depends on your walking range. you'll need to go a few miles from the centre.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Park in Ringmer then walk the cycle route back to Lewes take you 15 mins.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
rather depends on your walking range. you'll need to go a few miles from the centre.

No. There's parking in Spring Barn Farm, that's just about a mile from the centre (mind you, it's probably sold out now)

Big Yellow Buses are running a service to Ashcombe roundabout, that's probably about a mile from the High St too

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No. There's parking in Spring Barn Farm, that's just about a mile from the centre (mind you, it's probably sold out now)

Big Yellow Buses are running a service to Ashcombe roundabout, that's probably about a mile from the High St too
And will probably take about an hour to get to said roundabout from Hollingbury at least.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
If you can stomach the rip-off there are often a few odd fields around Kingston and Iford selling space for a tenner. POTG!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I know the policy us to discourage people travelling but is there anywhere in walking distance you can actually park if coming from the Brighton direction.

Lewis -****

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
From the Ringmer direction the nearest parking is in Ringmer itself. New Road is that first junction into the town, two miles walk. A26 is a complete no no all the way. Remember that all the roads will be closed from 4:45. Bus is going to be your only option. I believe that Brighton Buses drop off and collect from the Cliff estate prior to Cuilfail tunnel. Coming from Brighton is just impossible. You will get a ticket or towed if you park anywhere within a few miles.

D

Deleted member 22389

Every year this event becomes more and more closed to people. I remember when you could at least get the train. If it's not health and safety, it's PC bullshit, for me it could potentially suck the life out of the whole event.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Every year this event becomes more and more closed to people. I remember when you could at least get the train. If it's not health and safety, it's PC bullshit, for me it could potentially suck the life out of the whole event.

I did it a few years ago with my daughter. Got the train from Brighton early, and left early and it was easy peasy. I guess it depends on timing.

D

Deleted member 22389

I did it a few years ago with my daughter. Got the train from Brighton early, and left early and it was easy peasy. I guess it depends on timing.

My daughter is to young to go this yea, may be next year. I want her to at least experience this once. Unfortunately there are no trains after 5pm, and the next train is not until the next morning. One way to do it is get the early train like you say, and get someone to pick you up outside of the road closure. For me that would mean a walk to C7 Kingston Road junction with C324 Wellgreen Lane.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What's the deal in terms of pubs etc. do you need a ticket for any entry? Think me and some friends are going to cross country hike it their and back with head torches.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Might be too late now but Daughter has parked in the Tesco car park. £5 for the night 100% going to charity. Lots of security guards on duty

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Next door neighbour has a friend who lives in Malling in Lewes who has rented their 3 bedroom house out for the night for £600!!!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My daughter is to young to go this yea, may be next year. I want her to at least experience this once. Unfortunately there are no trains after 5pm, and the next train is not until the next morning. One way to do it is get the early train like you say, and get someone to pick you up outside of the road closure. For me that would mean a walk to C7 Kingston Road junction with C324 Wellgreen Lane.

Spring Barn farm were allowing car parking £10.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Is there anything for which you won't blame 'PC bullshit'...? You know 'PC' is merely your default go-to phrase for anything you don't like, and basically has no meaning, and certainly not in the context you use it.

Meanwhile, you're right, it is more and more closed to people. That's the whole f*cking point. You are not now, nor ever were, invited. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here