Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lewis bonfire

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is there anything for which you won't blame 'PC bullshit'...? You know 'PC' is merely your default go-to phrase for anything you don't like, and basically has no meaning, and certainly not in the context you use it.

Meanwhile, you're right, it is more and more closed to people. That's the whole f*cking point. You are not now, nor ever were, invited. :facepalm:
Bit touchy today aren't we? Someone put a Sparkler in your Roman Candle?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bit touchy today aren't we? Someone put a Sparkler in your Roman Candle?

Grow up, he is just warming up for his anger management course tomorrow

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Christ I hate Lewes Bonfire with a passion, after moving to Lewes from Brighton 30 odd years ago I used to quite like it but lately its the same old nobs (bonfire boys) coming into town pi$$ed up and throwing their weight around. Thank Christ I'm 7000 miles away in Hong Kong this year.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Is there anything for which you won't blame 'PC bullshit'...? You know 'PC' is merely your default go-to phrase for anything you don't like, and basically has no meaning, and certainly not in the context you use it.

Meanwhile, you're right, it is more and more closed to people. That's the whole f*cking point. You are not now, nor ever were, invited. :facepalm:

You’re very worryingly angry at times TLO, is everything ok?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Christ I hate Lewes Bonfire with a passion, after moving to Lewes from Brighton 30 odd years ago I used to quite like it but lately its the same old nobs (bonfire boys) coming into town pi$$ed up and throwing their weight around. Thank Christ I'm 7000 miles away in Hong Kong this year.

The annual scramble by outsiders to get to Lewes baffles me. There are loads of really good displays all over Sussex. Why the obsession with red-trousered pub bores burning the pope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I guess because the firework displays are only a tiny % of the evening.

True. There’s a parade you can’t see, pubs you’re not allowed in and chavvy little scrotes throwing bangers around

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
True. There’s a parade you can’t see, pubs you’re not allowed in and chavvy little scrotes throwing bangers around

stop it, you're making me nostalgic

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Some 25-30,000 people are estimated to have attended the event on the evening of Monday 5 November and it concluded without major incident.

As of 1am on Tuesday (6 November), police had arrested three people

Approximately 70 people were treated by South East Coast Ambulance Service and St John Ambulance for injuries, the vast majority of which were relatively minor.

Can you imagine the public outcry if this was the 'norm' for the Amex every game?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was greatly amused that BBC Sussex radio news reported that the bonfire societies were disappointed last night's visitor number were down. Not hard to work out why given the police lock down of transport!

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Some 25-30,000 people are estimated to have attended the event on the evening of Monday 5 November and it concluded without major incident.

Is that all? I haven't done it in about 10 years but back then the crowds were over twice that. Amazing atmosphere, if you like that sort of thing...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

As of 1am on Tuesday (6 November), police had arrested three people

Approximately 70 people were treated by South East Coast Ambulance Service and St John Ambulance for injuries, the vast majority of which were relatively minor.

Can you imagine the public outcry if this was the 'norm' for the Amex every game?

Well those are similar stats to when the hoddie boyz visited the Amex last season

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Some 25-30,000 people are estimated to have attended the event on the evening of Monday 5 November

Is that all? Used to be 80K plus surely.
With 17K residents of which maybe 1K march and 10K stay at home that means roughly 20K managed to get into town through the police barricades. Sussex Police not doing their job properly again.
Bet they blame the stewards.

Jan 30, 2008
Is that all? Used to be 80K plus surely.
With 17K residents of which maybe 1K march and 10K stay at home that means roughly 20K managed to get into town through the police barricades. Sussex Police not doing their job properly again.
Bet they blame the stewards.
people were gathering in the morning , nothing to see here trust me :hilton:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here