Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical - Fulham heading down, go big for Mitrovic in January?

If Fulham look like heading down in January, would you go all out (£15m+) for Mitrovic?

• YES you absolute cretin - No brainer, closest we can find to a Murray replacement.

Votes: 48 61.5%
  • NO you prat - We have Locadia and Andone, we shouldn’t be throwing more money around.

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Murray is in as good a nick physically as I've ever seen him in his career - I think there's another season in him, maybe even a couple. His game isn't about pace, never was, and he seems to be steering clear of injuries, he's clearly looking after himself.

Personally I don't think a Murray replacement even needs to be on the agenda at the moment. Forget Mitrovic, we should be giving Glenn another year, maybe two.
Mitrovic Would be an absolute beast of a signing. No more looking down at the table. It must happen! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I don't care paying an extra £3 per month on my direct debit. We have seen this blokes quality first hand at the Amex. Get this done.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I believe last night Chelsea forgot to defend while playing:-

Tim Cahill

I can't possibly think of a single connection between those 3 players.

#NeverWrong. :lolol:

:thumbsup:

el punal

Hypothetically.......yes!

Locadia has shown nothing and CH doesn't appear to rate Andone. So we do need somebody of proven ability when Glenn has finally had enough.

I take Bozza's point and I think we would probably have to offload one of the above (and Hemed) to recoup some of the cost.

However, given Hemed's start in the PL last season (until his unfortunate and unjustified ban), I'm still not convinced that he doesn't have what it takes.

I’m curious. Why do you think Chris Hughton doesn’t rate Andone? Hasn’t he just recovered from an injury and therefore needed to get his fitness levels up before being selected, which I believe has only been recently? I would imagine, apart from match fitness issues, the only reason Andone (and to a certain extent Locadia) has not been picked is down to the impressive form of a certain Mr.G.Murray.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Not sure why people are convinced that Locadia has nothing to offer or, even more bizarrely, CH simply doesn’t rate Andone. Glen Murray has 6 goals this season-one off top scorers Eden Hazard (Probably the best attacker in the league) and Aubameyang (Arsenal’s record signing at £56 million). He’s big news at the moment, partially due to him defying his age, partially because of the incident at Newcastle but primarily because he’s a very, very good footballer. Every single one of the teams in the bottom half of the Premier League are desperate for someone like Murray, and quite a few in the top half wouldn’t mind him being on their books.
Locadia and Andone have the impossible job of shifting a player who’s in form, suits our style of play and is well integrated into our team. People claiming CH doesn’t rate Andone-at what point was he meant to bring him in over Murray? Particularly seeing as he’s been injured for most of the start of the season. If what people are wanting is a striker that is BETTER than Murray...I’m inclined to believe that this will be very difficult to achieve. But writing off a player you’ve never seen play (Andone), or claiming Locadia has absolutely nothing to offer based on 10 minute cameos, or away outings at Liverpool and City where we barely got over the halfway line is in my view misguided. Locadia, or indeed Andone may not be the right fit for us, but I’m happy to trust CH and our exceptional recruitment team until I’ve seen them have enough of an opportunity to impress.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mitrovic Would be an absolute beast of a signing. No more looking down at the table. It must happen! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I don't care paying an extra £3 per month on my direct debit. We have seen this blokes quality first hand at the Amex. Get this done.

We most certainly have. His hand earned us a penalty and a last-gasp point :clap:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Murray is in as good a nick physically as I've ever seen him in his career - I think there's another season in him, maybe even a couple. His game isn't about pace, never was, and he seems to be steering clear of injuries, he's clearly looking after himself.

Personally I don't think a Murray replacement even needs to be on the agenda at the moment. Forget Mitrovic, we should be giving Glenn another year, maybe two.

Calvin-lewin?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What if Chris is waiting to 'drop' GM before he can go about his next project, that being changing the style of play to something more on the front foot.

The only drawback is all the time a solitary GM is coming up with the goods, CH can't move forward with 'set up 1.2'.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Calvin-lewin?

Is this someone no-one has ever heard of or did you mean Calvert-Lewin?

It's taken him nearly 50 PL games to score 6 goals. Glenn Murray has done the same in his last 10 games and Mitrovic has done the same in his last 16 games. When has Calvert-Lewin even shown a glimpse of being half the player that Murray is or Mitrovic looks like he will be? Is your next suggestion Connor Wickham?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is this someone no-one has ever heard of or did you mean Calvert-Lewin?

It's taken him nearly 50 PL games to score 6 goals. Glenn Murray has done the same in his last 10 games and Mitrovic has done the same in his last 16 games. When has Calvert-Lewin even shown a glimpse of being half the player that Murray is or Mitrovic looks like he will be? Is your next suggestion Connor Wickham?

Calvert-Lewin can play with his back to the goal and is quite quick and good in the air, and still under 21. Hasn't got the poacher's goal instinct?

Connor Wickham is just naff.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Calvert-Lewin can play with his back to the goal and is quite quick and good in the air, and still under 21. Hasn't got the poacher's goal instinct?

Connor Wickham is just naff.

He’s not particularly good at any of those things you mentioned apart from possibly being quick. He’s also 21 already, 22 in March so this is last season as an under 21 in premier league squad terms. He’s not a replacement for Murray in any way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here