Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace winger says he was sent death threats after Arsenal draw

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
By ignoring them you ARE condoning them. That is the problem with your stance.

everything peeps choose to ignore in life or turn the other cheek towards means they approve of eh? That’s rubbish and, I might add, bordering on bollocks. However, our great democracy allows for you to be wrong so no harm or offence taken :) :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If I were a lawyer,

You aren't

.. they all seem to quote a single Instagram message

One is enough

Given his propensity to exaggerate and overegg stuff on the pitch every week

You really need to separate the human being from the player you watch on television.

I notice that his club have said that they won't be taking it any further

Completely his decision. It does allow the issue to die and stop people on forums discussing whether racism exists as if it's the 1950s

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Because I’m highly biased towards Brighton. The same way I’m more likely to believe an outlandish story told by one of my mates than a random pisshead at a bar. The same reason which lead almost everyone on this board to almost instantly disregard the claims that our fans were chanting “town full of p*kis” at Burnley last season.

I’ll say it again, don’t you find it weird that as far as we can tell not a single fan screenshotted the racist abuse and death threats and there wasn’t even a mention of it on BBS about it until Zaha brought it up?

Just for a second, try and imagine this. For whatever José Izquierdo is receiving numerous hateful comments on social media.There’s racial abuse all over his Instagram and even a few death threats. What are the odds of nobody spotting it? Not one NSC user spots racist abuse and starts a thread on here. Not one Brighton fan screengrabs the comment and posts it on twitter. You can’t imagine it, can you? The notion of nobody apart from Zaha spotting it and pointing it out is absolutely ludicrous.

I’m not trying to justify racist abuse, it’s obviously wrong. I just don’t currently believe it actually happened.

While I follow your logic, it is possible that the abuse was sent to him privately and therefore the first anyone else sees is the retort.

I have no facts and not even speculating, just saying that just because it's not in the public domain doesn't mean it didn't happen.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He's a cheating basstad and his antics wind everyone up.

That is as far as it should go. Death threats and racism? Shameful. This is 2018 and to hear of this is beyond belief and just very very sad.

If Wilf has been sent this privately, then I hope it is in the hands of the Police now.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is absolutetly not bollocks! It is an important point in fact. If people turn a blind eye to and ignore wrongs and injustices they are accepting them as normal everyday things. Racism is not and should not be ignored, it should be highlighted and dealt with.

Edit: Oh, and I never said that by ignoring it you are approving it, mearly, by inaction, saying it is not noteworthy and normal.

Condoning means to give tacit approval, so you have said that or misunderstand it’s meaning. Equally, I never said racism should be ignored. You’ve written your own script here and not been paying attention like so many others, seemingly desperate to be outraged. That’s the problem these days, too many shouters, not enough listeners. Anyway, since you mentioned, how’s the action you’ve taken on behalf of Mr Tumble going? Specifically? And what difference do you think it’s making? Fair play to you, commendable and wish I had the time to take up on behalf of others. We’re you long at the Police station? Sure they were only too happy to see you... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46053069

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm with Wilf on this one.

Bizarre to think of any reasonable minded person who wouldn't be to be honest.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The problem is the amount of times he moans about stuff belittles this now very real complaint. He is the boy that cried wolf.

Regardless he should not to put up with racist abuse. Especially as there are so many other easier targets to abuse him with :)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Report the perpetrators to the police, name and shame them. I would also expect a red top newspaper full page report about how Zaha has been recieving death threats to his family and racist abuse.
However, because Zaha is the moaning whiner he is, I don’t expect this incident to go the way it usually does in the media (when a famous person is trolled or recieves hatred and death threats). Why do I get the feeling that Zaha’s retort is all we will ever hear about this? I hope it’s not, I hope we hear the full story and the individuals responsible get a severe punishment. If it has happened, Zaha owes it to others to make an example of these cretins.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The I, in a fit of presumably unintentional shithousery, have published a small piece about Zaha receiving racial abuse and have used a picture of Wan-Bissaka to accompany it:

[tweet]1057554365907644416[/tweet]
[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Palace or not that is completely unacceptable, the idiots on here trying to justify it are no doubt some of the idiots who tweet this kind of crap in the first place.

Totally agree with this nobody deserves this type of abuse :rant:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
He dived and got awarded a penalty from which Palace scored and drew a game that they really, really should have won. They were better than Arsenal and deserved at least, at VERY least, a point.

Everyone knows he’s a cheating butthole who try’s this at least once in every game they play but the ref was conned despite knowing what sort of player he is. Well done Wilf.

It’s really very tedious looking at his Dwayne Dibley face as he sits on his arse with his arms spread out PLEADING for a foul every few minutes but, and there is a but, racial abuse cannot be tolerated. My view.? I don’t believe him. If there is any evidence of racial abuse then Wilf needs to report it to OB and share it with all of us. I don’t doubt he has been vilified and insulted for his sportsmanship but I honestly don’t believe him about the racist element. Arsenal have black players, fans and club officials and I think it unlikely that their support is especially racist. What I do know is WZ has a history of over egging everything, making stuff up and using deflection to get sympathy rather than just accepting he’s a cheating tit and addressing his own failings.

He won’t be sharing any of these alleged insults with anyone or reporting it to the authorities because, he’ll say, he deleted them.

If there is any truth to this then the FA will be sanctioning Arsenal, fining them for their fans behaviour and the Police will be rounding up some suspects soon. Does he think that the Police can’t find online racists, can’t find url’s...does he think that the social media companies can’t help the OB in finding racists using twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc?..he’s a bell if he believes that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here