Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace winger says he was sent death threats after Arsenal draw

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Depressing thread.

Personal abuse and racism, whether on line or in person, is always wrong. End of. Why is so hard to just say that?

Our piss-taking of a player's behaviour whilst on the pitch as a highly paid professional should be kept as an entirely separate discussion.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Why does he have to 'prove' anything?

How do we know Knockaert was depressed after his dad died?

Cry wolf I would say. This isn't the first time he's come out and said this

I believe he was clinically diagnosed with depression, by people who know and understand depression. Also that is a bit of a stupid statement, totally different from the points being made.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cry wolf I would say. This isn't the first time he's come out and said this

I believe he was clinically diagnosed with depression, by people who know and understand depression. Also that is a bit of a stupid statement, totally different from the points being made.

Pointless arguing but I think what you are saying is being clouded by who he is.

If one of our black players said they'd received racist abuse online or similar, you'd disbelieve them until they provided screenshots. Is that correct?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im sure Zaha is telling the truth, social media is full of scum sadly, that's why I don't use it anymore, and I would be very upset if any of our fans sent such messages although I am sure we have idiots like every club

With regard to the diving, of course he goes over very easily, and "buys" free kicks and penalties all the time, far more than most, which is his issue.

Its the same old thing, " there was contact " I hate that bloody term... just because there is does not mean its a foul.

In short anyone saying that sort of stuff to Zaha is an idiot, but does he dive, play act and con officials... in my opinion yes.

This does not make it ok to threaten him and his family though.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Pointless arguing but I think what you are saying is being clouded by who he is.

If one of our black players said they'd received racist abuse online or similar, you'd disbelieve them until they provided screenshots. Is that correct?

What I'm saying is, in today's society people find it easy to say something happened to them because so many people instantly believe them, because of the world we live in today.

I could quite easily say I've just received death threats from the Pikeys because of my hatred towards them. People would believe me without a shred of evidence, and if I showed what had been said to me, that would then be shown to the police. If he has been sent death threats or been racially abused, then he should be going to the police to deal with it, there is always a paper trail.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Get off social media you pleb, simple.

Agreed.

I once heard a story about a woman on a bus who was being told to move because she was black. Apparently it caused a RIGHT SCENE and made all the onlookers feel really uncomfortable.

She should have just got off the bus and then the abuse would never have started, simple.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The swivel-eyed gravity whore is fair game for his diving, cheating and grizzling on the pitch, and in his tiresome post-match interviews. But it goes without saying, he is absolutely not fair game for the colour of his skin. I'd hope he has informed the police of these posts (made on his instagram ?) so that they can follow up, track down the posters, and charge them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Good job nobody said that to you a while back.

Total side issue, remember this scene very well, and very very funny, could you imagine his show in today's world !!!!!

The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Get off social media you pleb, simple.

Agreed.

I once heard a story about a woman on a bus who was being told to move because she was black. Apparently it caused a RIGHT SCENE and made all the onlookers feel really uncomfortable.

She should have just got off the bus and then the abuse would never have started, simple.

Exactly. Victim blaming.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If one of our black players said they had been racially abused on social media I would have already seen the abuse as somebody would have taken a screenshot and posted it on here.

As I’ve said, how quickly did the QPR fan who took the piss out of Knockaerts dad end up on here. How quickly did the comments about Billy Sharpes son go viral years ago?

I can’t comprehend the fact that not a single person screenshotted racial abuse or death threats and then forwarded them on to BBS or Twitter. Maybe if Zaha was a Yeovil player with 2000 followers on Instagram but a Prem footballer with 500k followers? No chance.

Would I be saying the same if it was a Brighton player? No, probably not. I’m biased towards Brighton. Would I be saying the same if a Liverpool, Stoke, Norwich or Forest Green player was involved? Yes, absolutely

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Would I be saying the same if it was a Brighton player? No, probably not. I’m biased towards Brighton. Would I be saying the same if a Liverpool, Stoke, Norwich or Forest Green player was involved? Yes, absolutely

Why would your choice of football club change whether you believed someone has received racial abuse?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Absolutely agree with the OP.

Anyone who takes a decision in a game of football and escalates it to the level of a death threat and/or racial abuse is a cock who obviously has nothing better in their life to get angry about, and their opinion is therefore invalid.

Zaha is a swan diving, cheating, wind-blown-feather of a cheat who owns a chest that's magnetically attracted to turf - but the most I'd do is post that on here or the the piss about it to the few Cladding fans I know. Would I send it directly to him? No way. He's a professional footballer doing what he feels is best for him and his team, right or wrong. (Wrong, in my opinion).

Zaha is awful but I think you've let Palace hatred get the better of you with this post. He's absolutely right to speak out if he's the target of racist abuse, no player should have to just see it as part of the job.

Bollocks.

Death threats and racism are inexcusable.
These (plus the OP), can't believe there are people saying he should accept it.

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
People are overlooking the fact that this situation is a byproduct of Zahahaha being a dirty cheating ****. If he didn't throw himself about every time there was a light breeze then people wouldn't feel the need to react in that way.
Overreaction from the fans? Absolutely.
But he must surely expect some kind of negative reaction because of the way he influenced the result in a dishonest way.
Until the FA step in and start banning people for cheating then these kind of reactions will continue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People are overlooking the fact that this situation is a byproduct of Zahahaha being a dirty cheating ****. If he didn't throw himself about every time there was a light breeze then people wouldn't feel the need to react in that way.
Overreaction from the fans? Absolutely.
But he must surely expect some kind of negative reaction because of the way he influenced the result in a dishonest way.
Until the FA step in and start banning people for cheating then these kind of reactions will continue.

That's justification for racial abuse and death threats?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Palace or not that is completely unacceptable, the idiots on here trying to justify it are no doubt some of the idiots who tweet this kind of crap in the first place.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Im not agreeing with the abuse especislly if racist as theres no need but Haha does set himself up for a fall (literally)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here