Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton’s old guard give him time to bed in Brighton’s reinforcements

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our problem won’t be finding the money for a top striker to replace Muzza; it will be finding a top striker prepared to join us. We are gradually getting a bit more attractive with the set up we have, so hopefully we can get someone in the Giroud mould to take us forwards.

Mitrovic if Fulham go down...

el punal

I'm a rubbernecker. I LOVE picking over opposition fans messageboards when things are going tits up :lolol:

Yes, it certainly is fun! My daily dose of “tee-hee-hee!!” is provided by the Southampton Echo and it’s reports and travails on the Saints, and the subsequent comments section. Believe me Saints fans are not a happy bunch at the moment - some cannot believe that they are below the pecking order on the South Coast after us and Bournemouth, long may that continue. :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think this is a bit unfair on AJ. He's in a new league in a new country and has had to learn to adapt. People were saying the same thing about Izzy last year (and Gross after a couple of games) - give him a bit of time to settle and then see how it goes

Agree and you can see he is making progress

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The biggest problem is for all clubs in the so called 16 .... and you could add a couple of the top 6 too ..... where do you find a 15+ goal a season striker ... if it was as simple as throwing money at it everybody would ... but nothing is that simple so its very much a case of clubs like the Albion trying to get a value for money striker with potential and hope that potential is fulfilled.
As all the big pundits say ... putting the ball in the back of the net is the hardest thing in football , far easier to keep them out than put them in which is why strikers are so valued even if only proven at a lower level.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
. I to think with Bissouma hes going to be our best and most valuable player in 18 months to 2 years. will end up playing for one of the monster clubs - City, Arsenal etc, Can live with that if the BHA talent conveyor belt is in full swing by then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barry Gendenning has said part of Fulham's current troubles stem from a dressing room rift.
According to Baz the promoted players aren't happy that the big signing all arrived and went straight into the team.
Now their there they aren't as good, not justifying the money, and yest still starting.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I think this article really underlines for me just how exciting this season has become. Whatever you may think of the quality or entertainment value of the football we've played (especially in the last 3 games), I think it's really telling that Hughton, and the whole club ethos behind him, is all about building on what has already been achieved, demonstrated by the careful and measured way in which the new players are integrated into the side. We are in this league for the long haul and neither Bloom or Hughton are going to fritter away all the hard work of the last 3 seasons on some knee-jerk reaction to some short term difficulties. When you've watched the Albion away at Twerton Park, going down 3-0 in the snow, the position we're in now is simply marvellous, and moaning about boring 1-0 victories is just inconceivable.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Our problem won’t be finding the money for a top striker to replace Muzza; it will be finding a top striker prepared to join us. We are gradually getting a bit more attractive with the set up we have, so hopefully we can get someone in the Giroud mould to take us forwards.

If Fulham get relegated we should just pay whatever it takes to land Mitrovic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Fulham get relegated we should just pay whatever it takes to land Mitrovic.

He sounds a bit high maintenance to me. I'm not convinced he'd pass Maty's "no dickheads" rule, especially if he had a 35/36 year old starting ahead of him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a nice relaxed feeling knowing that we have a chairman, chief executive and manager who don't know the meaning of 'knee jerk'. What will be will be. Patience is a virtue :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Given that many of the new players are rarely if ever played, are they any good, and are they an improvement on what we already had?

You start to wonder....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He sounds a bit high maintenance to me. I'm not convinced he'd pass Maty's "no dickheads" rule, especially if he had a 35/36 year old starting ahead of him.

I'm not convinced by the high maintenance talk. As far as I know he's only ever fallen out with Benitez, who regularly falls out with his players. Other than that he had a couple of crazy sending offs for Newcastle but he may week have grown up a bit since then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not convinced by the high maintenance talk. As far as I know he's only ever fallen out with Benitez, who regularly falls out with his players. Other than that he had a couple of crazy sending offs for Newcastle but he may week have grown up a bit since then.

You can wonder how long he'd stay high maintenance when confronted by Dunk'n'Duffy and King Kayal on the training ground, let alone after Crusher Hughton had a word behind the bicycle sheds..................

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

He would be my number 1 target if Fulham go down followed by Ryan Sessegnon. Both for £60 million.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The new players will get more of a chance come December when we’ll have the same amount of games we’ve had in October and November combined. The cup starts in January and will be another opportunity for players to showcase their talents.

It’s disappointing that no player has made Groß’ position their own in his absence. He’ll be straight back in at this rate. It’ll be a lot tougher for Pröpper to displace King Kayal though; these recent clean sheets and wins allied to his more attacking intent is certainly impressive.

I’m still desperate to get a look at Andone. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

In reference to the search for a new striker, we are well stocked in the U23s and have Tau & Arce abroad trying to impress. But more importantly, Andone and Locadia have not been given enough minutes to bed into English football and the Premier League. When they have, we’ll be in a better position to start thinking about Murray’s replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The new players will get more of a chance come December when we’ll have the same amount of games we’ve had in October and November combined. The cup starts in January and will be another opportunity for players to showcase their talents.

It’s disappointing that no player has made Groß’ position their own in his absence. He’ll be straight back in at this rate. It’ll be a lot tougher for Pröpper to displace King Kayal though; these recent clean sheets and wins allied to his more attacking intent is certainly impressive.

I’m still desperate to get a look at Andone. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Last night I was thinking about Kayal v Propper, and I wondered if we were more backs to the walls because of Kayal's 'attacking intent'.

Propper holds his position and releases the wingers.
Kayal pushes forward with the ball then either releases the wingers or takes on the role himself.

Just a thought - happy to be talked out of it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think Bissouma is the pick of the bunch. He shows signs of quality. Just needs more game time. Expect he'll become a top player.

I was impressed with Bissouma initially, but after watching him against Wolves I'm beginning to have suspicions that he can't jump. For a big lad he seems extremely weak when challenging in the air.
Hopefully it's something that can be improved upon with coaching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here