Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Accused of Murder?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I certainly don't want to get myself, Bozza or NSC in any trouble, but just talking at work at lunch, another individual has been accused of two high profile murders in open court, and as a result this is being reported across all media platforms.

Does the individual, Mr X, have any means of redress when he's eventually exonerated?

Can he sue the barrister?

Surely the Judge should have made the Defence barrister withdraw the remark and imposed reporting restrictions ?

Mr X is not on trial Mr Y is.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
51c0kOio0hL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I certainly don't want to get myself, Bozza or NSC in any trouble, but just talking at work at lunch, another individual has been accused of two high profile murders in open court, and as a result this is being reported across all media platforms.

Does the individual, Mr X, have any means of redress when he's eventually exonerated?

Surely the Judge should have made the Defence barrister withdraw the remark and imposed reporting restrictions ?

When Mr Y is inevitably convicted, as everyone knows Mr Y did it, then the murders will clearly not be attributable to Mr. X, also he is merely offering Mr X as someone other than Mr Y who could have committed the murders, however the other suggestions that the Barrister made, giving Mr X motive, could be sued for, if unproven, I would think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Mr X has nothing to do with the murders you speak of, then presumably Mr X won't be charged and will have no case to answer. Not sure that qualifies as exonerated, but as for suing for slander/libel? Don't know, presumably people can say things in court without being able to commit libel?

But what if Mr X did do it? Obviously the defence should be allowed to say that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't know, presumably people can say things in court without being able to commit libel?

The Defamation Act of 1996 says that anything said in court or Parliament cannot be defamatory (it's actually older than that, it's a long established legal principle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I certainly wouldn't want to get you, Bozza or NSC in any trouble either, so wouldn't dream of asking anyone to identify Mr.X and Mr.Y. So what about some hints about which 'media platforms' have been running the story? - can't find anything about it on the BBC or Sky.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I certainly wouldn't want to get you, Bozza or NSC in any trouble either, so wouldn't dream of asking anyone to identify Mr.X and Mr.Y. So what about some hints about which 'media platforms' have been running the story? - can't find anything about it on the BBC or Sky.

BBC website, Argus, Independent, Mail and Mirror.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Interestingly what search terms did you use? (Without giving names of course)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yup, got it thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here