• Penalty

Votes: 21 7.2%
  • Dive

Votes: 272 92.8%

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Xhaka confirms to sky sports it was a clear penalty, he made contact with his knee, and he has no complaints.
I’m sure that’s the proof you need, straight from the horses mouth.
What about that blatant hand ball ? Disgraceful.

Erm - that's not quite what he said is it?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/clear-penalty-xhaka-admits-to-zaha-foul The Switzerland international initially protested to referee Martin Atkinson but accepted he was in the wrong afterwards. "It's difficult. I think it's a clear penalty," Xhaka told Sky Sports. "I touched him in the knee. "The referee gave a penalty. That's football."

'It's difficult, I think...' Hardly a hands-up admission is it? And yes - his knee did touch him, because Zaha threw himself into it - he was already half way through his dive before the knees touched.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
234D3C68-56ED-4E5F-AD2F-5AAA00039B02.gif

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Erm - that's not quite what he said is it?

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/clear-penalty-xhaka-admits-to-zaha-foul The Switzerland international initially protested to referee Martin Atkinson but accepted he was in the wrong afterwards. "It's difficult. I think it's a clear penalty," Xhaka told Sky Sports. "I touched him in the knee. "The referee gave a penalty. That's football."

'It's difficult, I think...' Hardly a hands-up admission is it? And yes - his knee did touch him, because Zaha threw himself into it - he was already half way through his dive before the knees touched.

What part of “ I think it was a clear penalty “ don’t you understand?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It doesn't matter what they up the road say. Having checked loads of forums the consensus is, diving runt.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What part of “ I think it was a clear penalty “ don’t you understand?

'Think' in a sentence of that type generally doesn't mean 'know', especially when prefixed by the 'it's difficult'. You're taking it as 'it's an easy decision, it was a definite penalty' - but he didn't say that did he?

Also, if you're convinced it was a penalty - was it because of this 'clash of knees'? Have you watched the video? Do you agree that Zaha was already on his way when the knees touched? If so, then how much credibility can you really give Xhaka's words?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One lucky draw and the palace morons are back on here.

Well they scored at home for the VERY first time this season and scraped a draw against a side we beat at home last season. While we......beat a team at home that they couldn't. Two more points down, and those earned by Mr Tumble throwing himself in to the ground.

#MindTheGap

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I LOVE that the spanners are FLYING back on here after a DRAW and their first home goals of the season (after TEN games :lol:), while sitting 6 points behind us.

Apparently that’s now success for them. :lolol: :lol: :lolol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
'Think' in a sentence of that type generally doesn't mean 'know', especially when prefixed by the 'it's difficult'. You're taking it as 'it's an easy decision, it was a definite penalty' - but he didn't say that did he?

Also, if you're convinced it was a penalty - was it because of this 'clash of knees'? Have you watched the video? Do you agree that Zaha was already on his way when the knees touched? If so, then how much credibility can you really give Xhaka's words?

I thought at the time it was a clear penalty, and the lack of protests from the Arsenal players spoke volumes.
If every tackle is analysed from every angle, and frame by frame, doubt will creep in from some quarters.
I thought Atkinson was close to it, and was spot on with his decision.
I’d be staggered if retrospect action is taken against Wilf, but if it upsets some of you that much,you could start a petition?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Looking at the poll results so far, Parrish will soon be on here to say there is overwhelming support that Mr Tumble did indeed dive, therefore he will be moved to the u23s.

Well, he seems to act on poll results voted on by Albion fans.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I thought at the time it was a clear penalty, and the lack of protests from the Arsenal players spoke volumes.
If every tackle is analysed from every angle, and frame by frame, doubt will creep in from some quarters.
I thought Atkinson was close to it, and was spot on with his decision.
I’d be staggered if retrospect action is taken against Wilf, but if it upsets some of you that much,you could start a petition?

What's the point? It will only end up like brexit. You one side and us the other. Rather just a snide really aint ya!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looking at the poll results so far, Parrish will soon be on here to say there is overwhelming support that Mr Tumble did indeed dive, therefore he will be moved to the u23s.

Well, he seems to act on poll results voted on by Albion fans.

:lolol:

Replay the match until Arsenal win. Ivor Manushirt, Fire Starter and Mr Tumble demand it!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Xhaka confirms to sky sports it was a clear penalty, he made contact with his knee, and he has no complaints.
I’m sure that’s the proof you need, straight from the horses mouth.
What about that blatant hand ball ? Disgraceful.

How many points are you behind BHA at the moment despite being a Premier league club for around 5 years? Mind the gap

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As much as I hate to admit it was a stonewall penalty. Check it out from this angle and see his foot get clipped...

https://twitter.com/lloydtmuchedzi/status/1056564809846665216?s=21

If your foot gets clipped you don’t spring into the air. If there’s contact it doesn’t automatically mean it’s a pen. Even if it is a pen it can still be a pen and a dive. Last weeks’ one was worse for me but because they missed it didn’t get the airtime of this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here