Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

19 Not allowed!
    We are the finest exponents of team defensive football in the PL. it’s bloody exciting seeing our resilience and resolve. Not good for the stress levels but no one (surely) can say that wasn’t an amazing last 10 minutes

• North Stand Chat

advertising

13 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clarkey View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Said it on another thread. A small group in the North stand were getting really angry yesterday. Berating the negativity, lack of substitutions etc. Two chants they tried to start, but amazingly didn't catch on, were 'Chrissy Hughton, we're supposed to be at home' and 'Chrissy Hughton is a tosser'. We were of course 1-0 up at the time.
      Guarantee they have never followed the Albion in leagues 1&2 then. Three straight PL leagues wins is a dream for many of us who have.
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lawros left foot View Post
      I know a Norwich fan who absolutely hates us, and Chris. I think it goes a bit beyond jealousy, he dislikes us more than he dislikes Ipswich.
      Strange really, when I asked him why, he would just say, shit club, shit manager. It was funny having a pint with him in the away end after we tonked them 5-0 though.
      Same here. I know a Norwich fanatic who moved here for Uni 30 years ago and settled in the area. He hates BHA & Ipswich, and was desparate for us to always fail at promotion to the PL. His Albion hatred I think stems from meeting so many Albion fans through business and enjoying Schadenfreude when things go wrong for them all.

11 Not allowed!
      If we'd thrown caution to the winds and tried to be an expansive, gung-ho attacking Flairista FC yesterday with the personnel we have, we probably would have lost by 3 or 4 goals. A team built on defensive solidity and not conceding may not always be the most exciting, but I'd far rather be that than bouncing along the bottom with Huddersfield and leaking more goals than Fulham.
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clarkey View Post
      Said it on another thread. A small group in the North stand were getting really angry yesterday. Berating the negativity, lack of substitutions etc. Two chants they tried to start, but amazingly didn't catch on, were 'Chrissy Hughton, we're supposed to be at home' and 'Chrissy Hughton is a tosser'. We were of course 1-0 up at the time.
      WTF.. Really..? Some people..
      I Know What I Like, And I Like What I See..
      It's All Blue And White....!
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      It's going to take a long time for the moaners to realise that the club's main strategy is to stay in the PL, become an established club, then we can dream of becoming a big club like Palarse!

13 Not allowed!
      We do have some exceptionally thick fans so it is inevitable he will start getting some flack for the defensive football. Fortunately Tony Bloom isn’t one of those so thankfully it’ll be an utter irrelevance.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      It’s a results business. Three wins in a row. End of discussion.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverhatch View Post
      We are the finest exponents of team defensive football in the PL. it’s bloody exciting seeing our resilience and resolve. Not good for the stress levels but no one (surely) can say that wasn’t an amazing last 10 minutes
      The stress levels would be far higher if Wolves and West Ham were beating us 3-0 at The Amex after we opened up. The stadium would be half empty on 75 minutes.

When we can afford to pay the agents fees and wages commanded by the likes of Lerma, Felipe Anderson, Neves, Moutinho; then you’ll see us take control of the ball and less of Alamo tactics.

CH is doing a great job of the limited midfield options available.

2 Not allowed!
      It's nerve shredding but I'm actually enjoying how we are playing at the moment - we are playing pragmatically and to our current strengths. Makes complete sense
      "Football is a pleasure that hurts" - Eduardo Galeano