Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] OK North Standers, what was the excuse today?

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
the away fans are supposed to outsing the home support surely? isnt that a rite of passage - to make yourself heard. in the swc, it is weird to hear the lack of cohesion in the chanting.. the sections eventually join up and then the level is cranked up and occasionally imposing. the swc is so transient that it will never lead the chants....the joys of match by match tickets.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
While you are at it why not start a thread about the West, East and South.
Stupid thread.

Oh sorry I thought the North Stand was our "home end", apologies. I'll start a new thread called "why don't the grandads in the East Stand get the chanting going?"

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Oh sorry I thought the North Stand was our "home end", apologies. I'll start a new thread called "why don't the grandads in the East Stand get the chanting going?"

I accept your apology.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yawn. I am WSU but what a twattish thread to start.

We had ONE shot on target and that didn't come until the second half...!!

There are only a handful of grounds in the country where the home noise would have been much better under those circumstances. The Amex is good but it's not THAT good...

Its a twattish thread because the OP is a t wat

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Everything was flat yesterday. Performance and atmosphere from the start. As the two go hand in hand it's hardly surprising it wasn't the best atmosphere.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
To be fair no trains between three bridges and Brighton probably lead to many of the empty seats

ill put my hands up and admit i didnt go yesterday and that was part of the reason

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Nothing wrong with the atmosphere where I stand in N1C, however there were slightly less songs than normal. What was served up to us on the pitch for the first 10 mins or so set the tone until we scored.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I'm in N1D and get lost in the confusion from what's happening on my left and right hand sides. Just a mash.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing wrong with the atmosphere where I stand in N1C, however there were slightly less songs than normal. What was served up to us on the pitch for the first 10 mins or so set the tone until we scored.

This. Not pleasant watching a ManC esque team take us apart. Was always going to be the way, unless someone’s not been watching the silly money being spent at Molyneux in the last 2 years.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
We need to get the NSK and the Judges crew merged together right behind the goal. Perhaps TB can get us 400 seats by moving loyal supporters who have had tickets there since the Amex opened. Mind you, with the egos at play, chances are we would still be singing different songs at the same time even if we were merged.

On a serious note, we were shocking on Saturday; probably the worst performance since the Amex opened. Difficult to say why. It certainly wasn't helped by the fact that in the first half we looked like a team with 11 concussed players playing away at one of the top four. Conceding so much territory and possession to a newly promoted team and letting them have 25 attempts on goal, with little attacking threat ourselves, was always going to make it nervy and that doesn't help the atmosphere at all.

I hope we will do much better in the home games to come. And hopefully the team will have more about them too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here