Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Erm...how do you know it wasn't.....not being rude but at this stage that seems a bit of a daft comment
    I don't know for sure, but all reports are saying a failure of the tailgate. Not many pilots lose control a few seconds in to a flight.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      I don't know for sure, but all reports are saying a failure of the tailgate. Not many pilots lose control a few seconds in to a flight.
      I get that...but u've almost surmised that it was due to a lack of maintenance despite the person being wealthy....and theres nothing in the public domain to suggest that....so seems an odd comment to make..anyway I'll leave it at that

2 Not allowed!
      You would think that being such a rich person, his helicopter would have been checked thoroughly for maintenance issues. I guess helicopters are a slightly risky form of transport compared to a plane.
      Regular maintenance doesn’t necessarily prevent mechanical failure...
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      East Stand Brighton Boyz BUTTERBALL's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      The problem with a helicopter is if the tail assembly fails, it is almost impossible to control and any failure of the rotor means it drops from the sky. A plane is still able to glide even with complete engine failure. The AAIB usually find the fault quickly. I doubt it will be down to poor maintenance, sometimes it's just fate.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      The Guardian have albeit in a guarded ‘The Guardian understands’ way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...b0b20e3d7cbac4

Obviously, families need to be contacted and bodies identified, the hunger of the public for news is very much secondary to the needs of the victim’s family and friends.
      ‘Understands’ in a newspaper means someone who doesn’t want to be named has given them a pretty strong hint.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.

0 Not allowed!
      You would think that being such a rich person, his helicopter would have been checked thoroughly for maintenance issues. I guess helicopters are a slightly risky form of transport compared to a plane.
      The aircraft will have been subjected to a planned maintenance schedule as per manufacturer recommendations and approved by the CAA.

The CAA used to ,not sure now as I’m no longer working as a licensed aircraft engineer, a monthly publication for the industry called Human Factors. An interesting read explaining with the best intentions most accidents/incidents are human error. My point being and not at all in relation to this horrific event, there’s no guarantee that the more you look to maintain something it doesn’t make it safer. The maintenance schedule is produced from a tremendous amount of data and proven reliability. Engineers pilots make errors and mechanical and electrical systems unexpectedly fail. As an industry it is one of the most regulated in existence.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

1 Not allowed!
      I guess helicopters are a slightly risky form of transport compared to a plane.
      Matthew Harding, Keith Wickenden, and now Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha - they are for wealthy men involved in football, it would seem. Very sad for Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his friends and family today.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      The aircraft will have been subjected to a planned maintenance schedule as per manufacturer recommendations and approved by the CAA.

The CAA used to ,not sure now as I’m no longer working as a licensed aircraft engineer, a monthly publication for the industry called Human Factors. An interesting read explaining with the best intentions most accidents/incidents are human error. My point being and not at all in relation to this horrific event, there’s no guarantee that the more you look to maintain something it doesn’t make it safer. The maintenance schedule is produced from a tremendous amount of data and proven reliability. Engineers pilots make errors and mechanical and electrical systems unexpectedly fail. As an industry it is one of the most regulated in existence.
      Fair enough, you know more about this issue than myself.

The Chelsea chairman and a recent similar tragedy involving Brits on a grand canyon tour means I will be reluctant to use one anytime soon.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post

How does helicopter safety compare with plane? Are they inherently more dangerous?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Fair enough, you know more about this issue than myself.

The Chelsea chairman and a recent similar tragedy involving Brits on a grand canyon tour means I will be reluctant to use one anytime soon.
      Just out of interest, when were you last in one?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.