Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester chairman helicopter crashes in car park

LVGull

May 13, 2016
That's like saying "It's inappropriate for the police to try and work out why it happened......they should wait."

These are some of the richest people in the world....flying around with a young beauty model.....not the family.......and you don't think it's at all relevant?

Finding cause and details is a key part of respect.
Did you know them?
Are you putting them above the 7,000 people that have died per hour since, simply because they liked football? Get some context.

Would be a big risky flying a former model and keeping under cover, when in full view of the public and TV camera’s??
RIP to them all.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
That's like saying "It's inappropriate for the police to try and work out why it happened......they should wait."

These are some of the richest people in the world....flying around with a young beauty model.....not the family.......and you don't think it's at all relevant?

Did you know them?
Are you putting them above the 7,000 people that have died per hour since, simply because they liked football? Get some context.

:moo: you really are a prick

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
TBH I'd never heard of the unfortunate man before Saturday evening's sad events. He does, however, seem to have been a damn good owner for LCFC, good for the fans, and did a lot of good for the City of Leicester in general.
Out of interest, does anybody know if he had any particular links with Leicester, or was it just another case of a very rich man wanting to buy a football club and Leicester came up for grabs at the right time? - nothing wrong if that was the case; it seems to have worked out very well for all parties (well, until Saturday anyway).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Did you know them?

Leave it right there unless you want a break from NSC. No more specualtion of any kind on this thread please.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Although I'm Sussex born and bred, my parents and my family all come from Leicester. My Uncle, who I shall be seeing next month before our next home game, is a Leicester City season ticket holder and was at the game on Saturday evening. Yesterday morning when I first saw the terrible news and the location of the crash site the first thing that occurred to me was that it's a stones throw over the railway line from where my Uncle always parks at the British Gas offices. Suffice to say my Uncle is as devastated as anyone at this as is my Dad.

If you're curious as to what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha means to Leicester City fans and the people of Leicester, this short piece here is a good read - https://thefoxfanzine.wordpress.com/

RIP

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a highly inappropriate time to even imply what you are ...... leave it.
So when exactly *is* an appropriate time to mention it then?

Anyway, I'm not sure this is really a national news story. If he hadn't owned a football club, it would have been buried in the local pages on the BBC news site. It's sad of course, but all those pictures of scarves and shirts from clubs that aren't Leicester are a bit scouser-esque if you ask me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Anyway, I'm not sure this is really a national news story. If he hadn't owned a football club, it would have been buried in the local pages on the BBC news site. It's sad of course, but all those pictures of scarves and shirts from clubs that aren't Leicester are a bit scouser-esque if you ask me.

Totally disagree with that. It is certainly worth worldwide coverage.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Yes, but he did own a football club; a football club on the world stage.

There are two parts to the story. One is the crash and sad loss of lives, the second is the reaction from - among others - fellow football fans, and how a large part of a city's community is affected.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Fair enough, but why? Seven people died, terribly sad but that happens on motorways every day.

Simply because he was a high profile figure. ,Obviously his stock was raised because of his ownership of a football club. You are right about motorway crashes but most of the time it's just Mr Nobody.

This is a big story.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
RIP - sad freak story.

One thing worth mentioning though is the press are saying he was a family man, but also in the crash was a Ms Suknamai from Bangkok, who was a former beauty queen who finished second in Miss Universe Thailand 2005. They are trying to say "she was a member of his staff."
You have just won :facepalm: of the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simply because he was a high profile figure. ,Obviously his stock was raised because of his ownership of a football club. You are right about motorway crashes but most of the time it's just Mr Nobody.

This is a big story.
He's high profile in Leicester, certainly, but personally whilst I always knew he was a Thai businessman I still couldn't even tell you what his name was. Sometimes it just feels like newsworthiness is magnified a hundred-fold simply because football is added to the mix.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fair enough, but why? Seven people died, terribly sad but that happens on motorways every day.

Blimey! Do you really need it spelling out?

Ok, I'll try.

This is primarily a football story, not just a tragic accident story, as sad as that story is for the five people who lost their lives and their family and friends.

It's a football story mainly because of what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha did for Leicester City football club, as well as the wider community there. He is clearly a much loved man by Leicester fans, primarily because of what he's done for their club, especially in winning the title, but also because of the way he conducted himself towards everyone there, and the people of the city in general. How many fans would have been slightly alarmed to see a foreign owner come into their club? How many now can say they are not happy for what he did for their club?

And above all this stands the impossible dream story of Leicester City winning the Premier League. Whatever anyone's thoughts on that, it really did make the impossible possible and give hope to football fans for their own club the world over.

This man is a sad loss to the wider football family if you ask me, and I'm not going to analyse it any further than that. RIP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, but he did own a football club; a football club on the world stage.

There are two parts to the story. One is the crash and sad loss of lives, the second is the reaction from - among others - fellow football fans, and how a large part of a city's community is affected.
Fair enough, I'm just not sure it justifies being the leading story.

Blimey! Do you really need it spelling out?

Ok, I'll try.

This is primarily a football story, not just a tragic accident story, as sad as that story is for the five people who lost their lives and their family and friends.

It's a football story mainly because of what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha did for Leicester City football club, as well as the wider community there. He is clearly a much loved man by Leicester fans, primarily because of what he's done for their club, especially in winning the title, but also because of the way he conducted himself towards everyone there, and the people of the city in general. How many fans would have been slightly alarmed to see a foreign owner come into their club? How many now can say they are not happy for what he did for their club?

And above all this stands the impossible dream story of Leicester City winning the Premier League. Whatever anyone's thoughts on that, it really did make the impossible possible and give hope to football fans for their own club the world over.

This man is a sad loss to the wider football family if you ask me, and I'm not going to analyse it any further than that. RIP.
You didn't need to spell it out, I just happen to disagree with your reasoning. If the same thing happened to our chairman, we'd all be devastated - but I wouldn't expect others without the emotional involvement in the club to feel that way and thus feel front page news would be over the top.

Still, I'm clearly in a minority on this thread so I'll leave it there as I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Wow, Yasmin alibhai-brown is a nasty piece of work isn't she.

[TWEET]1056818051222593536[/TWEET]

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow, Yasmin alibhai-brown is a nasty piece of work isn't she.

[TWEET]1056818051222593536[/TWEET]

Have to admit, I don't even understand what she's trying to say...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
yes, it's a shocking story, but to be fair, does anyone outside Leicester really give a monkeys ? Yes he did a lot for the community in the city, but only the residents will be grateful of that. Our chairman is a local man who has pulled our club from the mire , doesn't take a helicopter home , instead sits with his supporters on the train home, ie Newcastle last week. Please do not have a minute's applause when they visit us soon !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here