Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester chairman helicopter crashes in car park

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is a post on Facebook indicating the pilot of the helicopter was from Brighton - a former Brighton College student (and his wife was the copilot).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reports this morning praising the pilot for guiding the helicopter to the car park, knowing it was in trouble, minimising the impact on the ground. There would have been plenty of people still around the area, and although tragic that five people on board died, it could have been worse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hard to celebrate our 3rd PL win in a row over the weekend with this going on. Tragic news, and clearly someone who cared about LCFC.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Terrible event, thoughts with all the families and friends of the victims. The Leicester chairman was clearly a very popular figure with players, staff and fans, and not just for his part in their recent success, but due to the way he conducted himself and his business.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve been reading about the owner. He bought every fan a mince pie last Xmas. On a major birthday it was birthday cake. Some other time it was donuts. And he sacked a bunch of youth team players who were disrespectful to Thai people during a club visit. Seems quite a character. RIP.

A couple of years ago I was driving round the lanes off the A26 in the north of the County. Quite often used the route for work purposes, nice rural setting with lovely houses, many presumably former farm workers and now "des. res." One particular cottage on that day had its front absolutely covered with Leicester City signs, banners and other such stuff to commemorate their achievement. Feel very sorry for the club and its fans, particularly this "Sussex Fox" whoever they are.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Have Radio 2 on in the background while working from home (yes I am middle aged) A Leicester fan came on absolutely heart broken, poor fella. Football clubs in the UK are special they are the heart of our communities and this chairman despite not being from Leicester seem to totally get that, top fella. So sad. RIP all those that lost their lives in this tragedy. Foxes fans, the football community are with you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yeah sorry I didn't mean it like that.
Just that, in my mind at least, when the news mentions helicopter crash I don't think 'was anyone saved?'.

Apologies back. I backed off this thread and watched the NFL instead in the end last night as I was just getting over emotional, which comes out as argumentative. It's a terrible thing to happen, sudden, shocking and violent. I wasn't expecting good news either but sometimes miracles happen.

RIP - clearly loved by Leicester fans.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
RIP - sad freak story.

One thing worth mentioning though is the press are saying he was a family man, but also in the crash was a Ms Suknamai from Bangkok, who was a former beauty queen who finished second in Miss Universe Thailand 2005. They are trying to say "she was a member of his staff."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
RIP - sad freak story.

One thing worth mentioning though is the press are saying he was a family man, but also in the crash was a Ms Suknamai from Bangkok, who was a former beauty queen who finished second in Miss Universe Thailand 2005. They are trying to say "she was a member of his staff."

It isn't worth mentioning. They died.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
RIP - sad freak story.

It's a highly inappropriate time to even imply what you are ...... leave it.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
It's a highly inappropriate time to even imply what you are ...... leave it.

That's like saying "It's inappropriate for the police to try and work out why it happened......they should wait."

These are some of the richest people in the world....flying around with a young beauty model.....not the family.......and you don't think it's at all relevant?

Finding cause and details is a key part of respect.
Did you know them?
Are you putting them above the 7,000 people that have died per hour since, simply because they liked football? Get some context.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's like saying "It's inappropriate for the police to try and work out why it happened......they should wait."

These are some of the richest people in the world....flying around with a young beauty model.....not the family.......and you don't think it's at all relevant?

The two really aren't the same. His 'relationship' whatever that may have been with the lady on the helicoptor has ZERO relevence to the cause of the crash.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It's nothing like the police trying to work out why it happened, and you've already gone from 'former beauty model' (13 years ago according to your first post) to 'flying around with a young beauty model' so your agenda looks pretty clear. The prior occupations of the passengers is highly unlikely to be part of the 'cause'.

Not the time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Rubbish. Even if there was any truth in your snide assertions, it would have nothing to do with the cause of the crash.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
RIP - sad freak story.

I must have missed the ruling that states that former beauty queens aren't allowed other careers or are only employable as some sort of concubine. 'Sake. To be calling into question the values and personal circumstances of a man of whom you know nothing about, other than his public persona, and a woman whom you know exactly zero about other than what has been reported, who have just died in a tragic accident is really beyond the pale. Have a word with yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here