Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester chairman helicopter crashes in car park

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Look on Twitter. There is a video of BBC News suggesting the manager is involved. They’re getting a lot of criticism for it from Leicester fans as they don’t seem to have offered any evidence or repeated the claim, but they definitely said it. There is going to have to be one big apology if it isn’t true.

Hadn't seen that to be fair. Don't normally look to twitter for news as it tends to be even more sensationalised than the mainstream media. Very poor from the BBC to make such comments without any official word.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Hadn't seen that to be fair. Don't normally look to twitter for news as it tends to be even more sensationalised than the mainstream media. Very poor from the BBC to make such comments without any official word.

i hope the press show some restraint here.......this is bloody awful

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Look on Twitter. There is a video of BBC News suggesting the manager is involved. They’re getting a lot of criticism for it from Leicester fans as they don’t seem to have offered any evidence or repeated the claim, but they definitely said it. There is going to have to be one big apology if it isn’t true.

There were reports on french news that Puel was on board last night.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

One presenter on bbc world said once on when asking a question to a guest “if reports are true ...that the manager...” (this clip has then been posted to Twitter)
No other reporting from the bbc even mentions it or refers to it.

Apparently, before every home game, the owner would leave a bottle of whisky and glasses in the club's garden of remembrance for fans to raise a toast to their departed loved ones.

Sounds like a decent bloke

Thoughts go out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One presenter on bbc world said once on when asking a question to a guest “if reports are true ...that the manager...” (this clip has then been posted to Twitter)
No other reporting from the bbc even mentions it or refers to it.

Beyond that, there seems to be some 2+2 going on, with the suggestion that Puel's post-match interview was not shown on MotD, but from my recollection they just showed the match and left it there with no post-match analysis of any kind.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clearly the owner of LCFC was loved in the city. Schemes like giving every fan a mince pie on their Xmas fixture etc keep on being mentioned on the radio. What an absolute tragedy. Thoughts with the club, fans and families effected.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a video on Twitter seemingly of Puel in the entourage that went to the helicopter before it left. What isn’t clear is if he got on it or just said goodbye to the chairman and came back

*seemingly fake as it is an old video... not sure why anyone would do that ?! *

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is a video on Twitter seemingly of Puel in the entourage that went to the helicopter before it left. What isn’t clear is if he got on it or just said goodbye to the chairman and came back

*seemingly fake as it is an old video... not sure why anyone would do that ?! *

Also rumours that Gareth Southgate was on board as well. It is mystifying that there has been no official word confirming casualties yet.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just Twitter bollocks I’m sure.

Agreed. But people will speculate when there's no information. I read on Foxestalk that there is video showing Puel did not get on the copter. Doesn't lessen the tragedy if true, but will lessen the impact on the club nevertheless. Losing the owner and manager in one fell swoop would be inconceivable.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I fully understand for the authorities to not only inform relatives and double check details but the longer a delay in an official statement only keeps the likes of Twitter active. To those connected with LCFC and beyond even in this darkness people are thinking of you all.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Agreed. But people will speculate when there's no information. I read on Foxestalk that there is video showing Puel did not get on the copter. Doesn't lessen the tragedy if true, but will lessen the impact on the club nevertheless. Losing the owner and manager in one fell swoop would be inconceivable.

I am surprised there has been no official statement yet. Suggests it’s complicated or going to be difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here