Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolves verdict.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ironically one of the quietest sets of away fans for some time, and apparently they were DOMINATING the game so should surely have been raucous.

Perhaps none of them attended their home game against us a couple seasons back at the wasteland that is Molineux, where half the place was empty and the only thing you could hear were the 3k away fans the whole match.

One of my rare (these days) awaydays. Yes, I remember that. 1-1 wasn't it?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If Knockaert was so selfish we would probably have got an easy 2nd late on.

indeed .. but to be fair against Spurs he nearly turned 2-0 into 3 - 2 to us. He is what he is , if his decision making was better he would be a 20-30 million pound player.

It's quite astounding really when you look at it late comeback against Southampton, Ak show against Spurs, Bissouma last week and then again Saturday .

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Re c) so they don't criticise their 'much better than Dunk' (according to them after Dunk was called up) CB Coady for leaving Muzza totally unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box ?? I can't believe NES said anything other than 'FFS don't leave Murray unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box - if you do, he'll score. He ALWAYS does'....................

There were some quite derogatory comments about him (possibly a good sign) the irony being we had what they didn't , a decent striker who knows how to score.

To be fair Dunk has had a couple of mishaps this year but that header away from the free kick was brilliant as was some of his blocking play.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
having read through the comments for 5 pages

a) Yes our style is not good but if it keeps us in the PL with further increments of 100million then we will continue to improve as we have this year
b) 'expected goals' WTF use is that
c) They really underrate Murray - don't understand his game and considered his goal easy fluke he made it look easy by passing ball into the net not blasting it
d) we did escape one with Jose arm but second incident would have been very harsh - still got to score if it is given
e) The second clearest chance of the game was probably Duffy's if its on target its in (yes I sound like them )

This. Several comments saying he does nothing other than put the ball in the back of the net, which they do acknowledge is important. But no understanding of his work rate, defensive contribution, hold up play, providing an outlet, winning free kicks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That last 10 minutes felt like forever, my nerves were shredded by the end. We have enough talent in our squad to be more on the front foot, although in fairness we struggled to get the ball off a high-tempo Wolves team who pressed immediately and intensively whenever we had the ball.

The last 10mins always feel like that. Since 1901.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Perhaps none of them attended their home game against us a couple seasons back at the wasteland that is Molineux, where half the place was empty and the only thing you could hear were the 3k away fans the whole match.

Was that the game when Bruno was sent off - funniest thing about that day was seeing some Wolves fans in the stand to the left having a disagreement which resulted in one of them rolling down about 20 steps to the bottom of the stand.

Must admit after the game when we all but secured promotion quite a few Wolves fans were congratulation us after the game and wishing us well in the PL

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Several comments saying he does nothing other than put the ball in the back of the net, which they do acknowledge is important. But no understanding of his work rate, defensive contribution, hold up play, providing an outlet, winning free kicks.

Murray for many years was the perfect all round forward - reasonable pace, a stack of poached goals, a stack of brilliant strikes from half chances, a creator for others, scores with either foot, supreme header, running the line, a nightmare for defenders and great defensively at set pieces.

At 35 when most PL players have retired, he’s adapted his game to doing as much as his body will take, scoring winners in an elite league.

If some Wolves fans have missed all that over the last 11 years, they must be pretty thick on football.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

From here:

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...rdict-v-brighton-frustrating-day-at-the-amex/

Coming out of the ground and heading back to the train station we had to mix with some of the home supporters and several passed comments on how fortunate they’d been not just to win the game but to have avoided a heavy defeat. One or two were already declaring us a top 8 side and stating we’d been one of the best sides they’ve seen since their return to the top flight.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What chances?

Doherty in the first half, Bennett in the second and a long range strike through a load of bodies, at a stretch - 3.

Easily matched and exceeded by Muzza's goal, duffy's inexplicable miss from 3 yards and 2x breakaways that should have been capitalised on.

Possession (mostly passing across your centre backs) doesn't win football matches, thankfully.

Well you quoted 3 of the top of your head, miss your chances and you are going to lose.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That was epic.

Love victories like that, the players will be feeling ten feet tall.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

indeed .. but to be fair against Spurs he nearly turned 2-0 into 3 - 2 to us. He is what he is , if his decision making was better he would be a 20-30 million pound player.

It's quite astounding really when you look at it late comeback against Southampton, Ak show against Spurs, Bissouma last week and then again Saturday .

From my viewpoint from behind the goal, I actually though the two Wolves defenders handled that situation really well, and wasn't that critical of AK. I think (generously maybe) that He expected/hoped/waited for the right-sided defender to come too narrow before slipping the ball wide. That he didn't do that meant that AK got caught between going alone and passing, ended up doing neither. I genuinely don't think he was refusing to pass to someone in a better position - they weren't because the defenders positioning was spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here