Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Incidentally my son was told the same in ESU pre game and before the team was announced. We shall just have to wait and see what happens in January, if anything.

:moo: :shit:

There goes my reputation for being polite on Nsc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't understand this as all I have done is passed on gossip that I heard as some may have heard the same or have a view on the possible plausibility of it , nothing serious or detrimental to anybody and all I have received is abuse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it not maybe possible that, in light of the player's well-publicised recent problems, that the club gave the player a bit of time off over xmas to spend some time with his family?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Incidentally my son was told the same in ESU pre game and before the team was announced. We shall just have to wait and see what happens in January, if anything.

Your posts on this thread BG are really funny - They remind me of the little spy in the TV programme ''Allo Allo'' The one always in hiding and disguised who would come out and say ''It's me L' Eclaire''

I say that because your repeating rumours based on ''your ears in the WSL'' and ''your son's ears in ESU'' - Try taking some of them with a pinch of salt.

Just watch the pundits on TV or the newspapers. As soon as something they don't expect to happen, happens, they come up with all sorts of reasons why - 90% of them are wide of the mark but occasionally they might get something right with their guesswork but they are getting paid for it.

So unless NSC has got you on a lucrative contract, I would ''hold fire'' before posting some things. I am not saying you won't get the occasional gem of information in the ESU or the WSL Bovril Stand, you will do but, for the most part, the Bovril man or woman isn't the first to know anything.

Despite this post I still really enjoy reading what you write and it does make good topics of conversation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it not maybe possible that, in light of the player's well-publicised recent problems, that the club gave the player a bit of time off over xmas to spend some time with his family?

He was in the squad for the Arsenal game though. If they were planning to give him time off over Xmas the Everton game seems an odd choice.

Sadly, given his character and if I have to guess I imagine it’s disciplinary reasons.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Speculation is a wonderful thing, for what it's worth I think he was dropped due to a current poor run of form and his poor attitude at the end of the Arsenal game. It's a fine line between being passionate and petulant.
Shame I really thought he had turned the corner with a strong end to last season and a strong start this season. No idea what but something has clearly gone wrong, I sincerely hope he can sort himself out as he is a great talent on his day and playing with belief in his own ability.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't understand this as all I have done is passed on gossip that I heard as some may have heard the same or have a view on the possible plausibility of it , nothing serious or detrimental to anybody and all I have received is abuse.

You don't understand? Really?

Come off it. :lolol:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

My thoughts entirely.

He was in the squad for the Arsenal game though. If they were planning to give him time off over Xmas the Everton game seems an odd choice.

The club were probably only prepared for him to miss one game and if that had been the Arsenal game he would have had less time with his family to ensure he was back for the Everton game, whereas he probably went to France on 27th and doesn’t need to be back until New Year’s Day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

It's what some people can only do on here. You get it in bucket loads on a daily basis, let it go over your head.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My thoughts entirely.

The club were probably only prepared for him to miss one game and if that had been the Arsenal game he would have had less time with his family to ensure he was back for the Everton game, whereas he probably went to France on 27th and doesn’t need to be back until New Year’s Day.

Maybe. But my guess is he’s thrown his toys out of his pram. Just to be clear, I have every sympathy for his issues, but he’s shown petulance throughout his Albion tenure (and at Leicester) so this seems to be an underlying trait as opposed to a manifestation of something recent.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Player manager fall outs - reminds me of the McGoo era.
Although I can't see CH chucking anyone off the team bus.

Pro footballers are [should be] all too aware that at that level it's a squad game and being "rested" is to be expected [inc suspensions & injuries].
As others have already stated, it's a fine line between passion and petulance and Knocky has not yet mastered this.

I hope he stays, but I feel that it is as much in his own hands as anybody's.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
His problems off the field are well documented - and if you're not sure what type of character he is, watch him play.

If CH didn't believe in his talent or have faith in him he wouldn't even be on the bench, so I think we also have to read into that. There is also the point to make (should I need to) that unlike many other players who have personal issues, they never make it onto the pitch when he does pull the shirt on.

He gives everything he's got, always wants to be involved, and if he's not playing it's tactical (which was the given case) or he's not match ready.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Maybe. But my guess is he’s thrown his toys out of his pram. Just to be clear, I have every sympathy for his issues, but he’s shown petulance throughout his Albion tenure (and at Leicester) so this seems to be an underlying trait as opposed to a manifestation of something recent.

Before posting what I am posting here, let me be clear that I know absolutely nothing on the subject but a good Manager knows how to get the best from a player.

Knocky does not strike me as the type of player who responds to a boot up the backside. He is a Gazza type personality who probably responds a sympathetic approach and arm round his shoulder.

Tony has been very open about the fact his wife and little boy are back in France - So I personally think it is more likely he got a bit of time with them than a ''fall out'' - Whatever ends up being the case, I doubt we will ever find out.

These things deserve to stay ''in house'', although I do appreciate that social media nowadays means you can't avoid speculation. And anyhow I thought it was good to see Goykeres in the squad. Its what people have been crying out for, to see someone come through from the Academy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here