Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
AK had a certain look today - look he has had before when seemingly not in a great mood

AJ has a certain physicality as CH would put it - since he came into team we haven't let a goal in and have won three on the spin

AK will get his chance - its a squad game

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
March has obvious talent,he lacks desire and passion!

I have to say I agree in principle. I know a few people who know him personally, including one who played football with him as a schoolboy - and they all say he's absolutely professional, committed, and passionate. However, I just don't see much fire in his belly on the pitch! He just looks like he's turned up to do his job, tick the boxes, and stay in the squad.

I'm not qualified to comment on what he should do next, but personally I'd like to see him run at people more. The best I've seen of Solly is when he's charging forward and taking people on. He looks to have put on some muscle lately (sometimes you need that to cut it in the physicality of the PL?) - so maybe that's slowing him down a bit in the mobility stakes? I'm only guessing. CH knows best....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure who are the best 2 out of Knockaert, March Iziquierdo and Jahanbakhsh I would startr Iziquiero on th left but not aure about who on the right. Would definitely not start March in the No 10 role.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
AK had a certain look today - look he has had before when seemingly not in a great mood

AJ has a certain physicality as CH would put it - since he came into team we haven't let a goal in and have won three on the spin

AK will get his chance - its a squad game

AKA What Chris Hughton says is the law

Corrected for you!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It is quite incredible. March is weak, indecisive, unwilling to take on a man and, worst of all, often guilty of truly terrible crosses or passes. Jahanbaksh is another lightweight. I can forgive him not yet being a creative force with the ball, it does take time to adapt to the PL, but I’m very concerned by his lack of pace and lack of work ethic. I can only think that their appearances so far have come as we are waiting for the likes of Izquierdo, Andone and Gross to be fit. Thank god our other nine men are so good!

Didn't Izqueirdo not play today?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
March has obvious talent,he lacks desire and passion! if you cant find it for your hometown club in the Premiership then its not going to happen!

He was awful. He deliberately hides or even turns his back on play.

I just watched the extended highlights and the amount of times he is walking or standing still as the game goes on around him is astounding.

Really not sure how he is getting a game.

scooter1

How soon is now?
March's decision making is poor. There was a point today when he got a through ball, to The by-line and just crossed... no look up, just sent it over. He was already the furthest player forward at the point of the through ball, so no player was ever going to be in place to meet his cross. It was lasy of him, and disappointing. Just hold it up, and look up. At worst try and win a corner. He’s not a 10. I really hoped to see Andone today as I expected Murray not to start. Great that he did, and great that he’s hit 100 for us, but it’d be nice to see some of the summer investments get more of a chance

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
March's decision making is poor. There was a point today when he got a through ball, to The by-line and just crossed... no look up, just sent it over. He was already the furthest player forward at the point of the through ball, so no player was ever going to be in place to meet his cross

IIRC Murray gave him a bit of bollacking for that ... fairly regular occurrence though

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
This! Continues to be the enigma that can delight you and infuriate you in equal measure. It was arguable that the WWE style challenge was a necessary ' take one for the team ' situation. However, failing to release the ball on that break at the end was criminal and I suspect a teammate and/or someone on the bench let him know hence the flounce down the tunnel. Would it be too much to ask him to celebrate a really tough hard fought win?

I feel the WWE challenge could easily have been a red card and perhaps would have been had the game been away. Yes very much agree. The fact that our home results have been so much better than those away is in no small way attributable to the fact that so often Knocky has been poor on opposition territory. Maybe CH is looking for more consistency along he right flank. I was disappointed that Knocky was not playing today because he is entertainment but the team are winning and seem to have a team ethic so really why change ?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
He was awful. He deliberately hides or even turns his back on play.

I just watched the extended highlights and the amount of times he is walking or standing still as the game goes on around him is astounding.

Really not sure how he is getting a game.

Especially suddenly in the number 10 role. I've no idea either how march keeps getting starts week after week. Consistently poor imo, how he is getting in ahead of knockaert at the moment I'll never know

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Knocky had 2 grabs at the wolves player, he was rightly booked but then he was stuffed for the rest of the game as one more rash challenge and he would have been off. I hope he got a real bollocking in the changing room for his failure to release the ball.

March - what a waste of a shirt, he has been shocking, he is not a number 10 but even so for christ sake show some interest.

Gross - oh how we are missing him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Especially suddenly in the number 10 role. I've no idea either how march keeps getting starts week after week. Consistently poor imo, how he is getting in ahead of knockaert at the moment I'll never know

yeah , look you're not the only one ....we all know he has got a wicked left foot but he looks like a 14 yr old out there at the moment.....low on confidence and the habit of passing backwards has rubbed off on him , don't know what the answer is CH obviously sees potential there but how long is he going to leave knocky , on the bench whilst solly is offering so little going forward.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I feel sorry for Knocky. For me he was by far our most creative player and on good form before he was dropped. The bloke wears his heart on his sleeve and I can accept that he's pissed off - it shows that he cares and wants to play.

Solly March has all the ability, but IMHO he lacks the speed of thought required at this level. His best moments for us have been when he's in a tight spot and reacts on instinct. When he has time and space it's like he doesn't know which option to take and by the time he's decided the other team have set themselves and he's missed the best opportunity. It's not as much of a problem when he's on the left, but in the middle it's slowing us down too much.
You have to think that Hughton gives him a job to do every week and he carries it out to the letter.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
I'm astonished that AJ is playing ahead of Knockeart. He is worse defensively, on the ball, and at passing. Very, very strange.

Absolutely agree. CH presumably played AJ as a defensive move against their wingers and wing backs. Or simply he was picked on reputation. As others have said Knockeart has been the best player this year and to drop such a highly strung player in these circumstances is very strange management. It is also a very depressing signal about how we intend to play as the season progresses

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Knocky had 2 grabs at the Wolves player, he was rightly booked but then he was stuffed for the rest of the game as one more rash challenge and he would have been off. I hope he got a real bollocking in the changing room for his failure to release the ball.

March - what a waste of a shirt, he has been shocking, he is not a number 10 but even so for Christ's sake show some interest.

Gross - oh how we are missing him.

Erm, very much these.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I can’t blame him for being disappointed to be behind March and Jahanbaksh in the pecking order when both seem to be barely involved in most games. When you also consider that he’s been one of our best players this season it must be particularly frustrating.
It's been obvious to me that March is not up to speed for the Prem, Ali J isn't yet but may do in time..... it's odd that AK is behind them both..... CH must have a plan of course, and it's working a la 3 points, but it feels like Solly is being carried, thus giving the watcher a feeling that we are not much of a threat going forward for long periods of games.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here