Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Match Ratings vs Wolves***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Strange, when thinking about this everyone in the main did okay individually, but collectively I thought we were poor......

Ryan 9
Bruno 7
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 8
AJ 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Izquierdo 6
March 6
Murray 9

Bissouma 5
Knockaert N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
6 - average

Strange, when thinking about this everyone in the main did okay individually, but collectively I thought we were poor......

Ryan 9
Bruno 7
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 8
AJ 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Izquierdo 6
March 6
Murray 9

Bissouma 5
Knockaert N/A

Pretty much completely agree with your ratings. I might give Kayal an 8 as I thought he showed great industry in midfield and make some surging forward runs, unfortunately he had very limited options once he got into those positions with no one making themselves available for a pass.

Wingers were disappointing today and March did his usual trick of getting into some great positions then fluffing his lines. Ryan, Duffy, Dunk and Murray superb.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not sure I understand your logic. Four ratings of 9, one 8 and three 7's yet your average team rating is 6.

???

I might be wrong, but I think he is saying 'an average performance would be rated 6' so when you see a player rated 7 you can have a bit of context - slightly better than average, a 4 notably below average, etc.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ryan 8
Bruno 6
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 6
AJ 6
Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 7
March 6
Murray 9

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Fair enough! I think he puts himself under too much pressure with this - he's quite happy to let the attackers come onto him, which means he ends up having to kick it more hurriedly than he had to. He seems to rarely play it to our back line anymore, or is that just my imagination

I was talking more of goal kicks

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I might be wrong, but I think he is saying 'an average performance would be rated 6' so when you see a player rated 7 you can have a bit of context - slightly better than average, a 4 notably below average, etc.

Yes, in hindsight I see the point. Each individual played well but as a team underperformed.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not sure I understand your logic. Four ratings of 9, one 8 and three 7's yet your average team rating is 6.

???

6 is considered an average score in terms of an individual players performance.

But in terms of the team score, if there was one it would be about 6, as we didn’t gel very much, and it was a rear-guard action, with great individual performances.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thanks Acker - correct.....

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 9 - the odd mistake and poor kick, but overall he was phenomenal and my MOTM.
Bruno 8 - kept the ball well. Stifled Traore well but Costa less so. Got an assist too. Still allows attackers to attack him far too freely for my liking rather than stopping at source.
Duffy 8 - the type of game that shouldn't suit him, with almost everything kept on the floor. But the odd moment aside, he was excellent. Also kept his passing simple. Missed an absolute sitter though, which would've cost us on another day.
Dunk 8 - the same as Duffy basically, without the missed chances.
Bong 6 - better than he's been recently.
AJ 6 - average. Did nothing especially goodcreatively, was pushed off the ball too much for my liking and should've been withdrawn. His passing wasn't particularly penetrative and he didn't look like he wanted to run with the ball. Started well defensively but faded as he visibly tired. Made a right meal of his big chance after Izzy's run.
Kayal 8 - another good performance, particularly in the first half, even if he did get dragged too wide at times to cover for them outnumbering us down the right flank. Drove at Wolves well when given a chance.
Stephens 6 - suffered tactically in the first half. Kept the ball relatively well without ever imposing himself on the game.
Izquierdo 7 - made a massive difference to us with his pace, although he never really created anything clear cut from it. Defended very well. Should've taken the shot on when he beat the last defender.
March 8 - strangely brought off by Hughton, with the consequences being largely negative. Held the ball up very well, created a couple of good chances and had good set piece delivery. Tactically it's clear he's still getting used to the position, but justified his inclusion today. Still prone to the odd strange decision offensively though and lacked some intensity in the defensive phases in the first half which left us open centrally.
Murray 9 - excellent. Won his share in the air, got a good goal, his movement and link up was good, particularly in the second half.

Subs:
Bissouma 6 - got in a couple of tackles, but his substitution for March gave Wolves back the momentum. Doesn't look a natural number 10.
Knockaert 6 - should've been on earlier for AJ. Got booked for what didn't look like a yellow from where I was (happy to be proven wrong), but totally messed up his big chance at the end to make it 2-0. It's that lack of composure which is really stopping him from thriving at this level.

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Ryan 2 - too small
Bruno 1 - too old must have no pace
Duffy 1 - missed a chance therefore was crap
Dunk 3 - got booked with a rash challenge. AGAIN!
Bong 0 - well, he is just crap isn't he
AJ 4 - dutch leage is crap so he must be too. Did run fat though.
Kayal 10 - amazing. So much better and forward passing than propper
Stephens 1 - side to side and backwards
Izquierdo 10 - runs fast and does tricks
March 1 - poo. Obviously we will ignore all his haed work and defensive play as we just want flair attackers.
Murray 0 - one in ten Glenn. Useless. Never claps.

Bissouma 10 - runs up the pitch. Must be good.
Knockaert 10 - did tricks, therfore, amazing.

Excellent ananlysis, just laughed out loud in the pub!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 9 - some excellent keeping my MOTM.
Bruno 7 - thought he did well against a dangerous side. Caught out occasionally mixed with moments of brilliance.
Duffy 7 - another great performance
Dunk 8 - his header away from that free kick saved a goal. Needs to be used more to pass ball forward and attack given neither Stephens nor Kayal are very good at long passes
Bong 6 - got ripped to pieces in first half and got away with a couple of bad mistakes. made a couple of nice tackles
AJ 6 - nothing brilliant nothing bad.
Kayal 8 - very good game getting his foot in and breaking up play. Second half less impact..
Stephens 6 - ok
Izquierdo 6 - ok
March 6- ok should have done a bit more with space he found in first half
Murray 9 - excellent. simple goal but so many miss them.

Subs:
Bissouma 6 - ok nothing bad or brilliant not sure he knows what role to play
Knockaert 6 - needed to have got either a goal or run the clock down when he broke.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Ryan 8
Bruno 6
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 6
AJ 6
Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 7
March 6
Murray 9
Yep, I’d agree with those scores, particularly the full backs - Bong had a good 2nd half but was taken apart in the first 20minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here