Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Murray 100 goals

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I love him.
If that, in society’s eyes, makes me a homosexual then so be it.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
A long time ago, but what were your first impressions of Muzza?

If Murray was suspended or injured in the Withdean days it almost wasn't worth turning up - He was that integral to the way we played. Things don't change too much.
It's been a joy watching him score so many goals for such a long time and long may it continue...

Well done Glenn and thanks.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Murray was suspended or injured in the Withdean days it almost wasn't worth turning up - He was that integral to the way we played. Things don't change too much.
It's been a joy watching him score so many goals for such a long time and long may it continue...

Well done Glenn and thanks.

I saw most of Muzza's goals at Withdean and Amex, but missed games in his earliest period (before he had a spell out due to injury about time of Russell Slade).

Rated him straight away.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He looks in better shape now than he did when he first joined us. A credit to his profession.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I remember just before we signed Murray, Dick Knight had arranged to do a live phone-in after the FA cup 1st round match in 2007/8 against a poor league 2 club ( Cheltenham I think?)? Knight couldn't have picked a worse game for the phone-in. The Albion lost and he took a very harsh grilling on the Ian Harte's moan-in afterwards. He obviously wasn't expecting such a back lash considering his game of choice. It got pretty heated with fans telling Knight to quit and how the club was stuck In a rut and going absolutely nowhere. Knight definitely lost his cool that evening. As well as arguing back with some of the fans, Knight ended up promising 7 (I think) signings in the up and coming January transfer window. I don't think we got close to seven signings, but to be fair to Knight, with that promise, he (and Bloom) brought in a Prem quality striker who would take the Albion up 2 divisions, become a star in the Prem and bag over a 100 Albion goals.

Before Murray arrived, you could argue we were at our all time Withdean low. With attendances dropping and the Amex seeming financially unlikely, hope was starting to fade. Other than an ageing Nicky Forster, the team was packed with loads of crap. We were relying on short term loans and a long shot bargain from the non leagues for any inspiration. Times got so low, Bas Savage became a fans favourite based just on his moonwalk goal celebration. Jake Robinson had a goal scoring ratio of one in every blue moon and yet still played tons of games season after season.. We were in reverse. The arrival of Murray really was the beginnings of our upwards turn in direction in so many ways from the person who invested in him, to the improvement in standard we had on the pitch, to where we are now.

Maybe the most important signing we've ever made?

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The most improbable, greatest enigma to paradox his way into the parallel omniverse of introverted, charismatic, single handed celebratory, miasmic ruthlessness that I've had the privilege to be inspired to witness.

And 100 goals for the Albion = All of them at periods when we were and are fighting for different reasons. Glenn powered us to the Champ and made sure we moved into the Amex on a high. He came back and powered us into the Prem (Zamora had a good go too) And he powered us to stay up last season - looking ok so far this season, too. GLENN HAS BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER AT THE ALBION ON AND OFF FOR AT LEAST 4 OF OUR RECENT BEST SEASONS. Legend.

As he said

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
........and in keeping with our PL status, the relevant merchandise is now available for pre-order

#everyopportunitytaken
#maximiserevenue

https://www.seagullsdirect.co.uk/new/new-in

Ooh nice tshirt. One for me and hmmm there's a mate at work who's birthday it is this week, big Murray fan, was wondering what to get him thanks!

I've never bought a palace fan a present before either so everyones a winner. He was getting a lanyard. Nice one Glenn :thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Not only was it sir Glenn's 100th goal for The Albion but apparently it was also our 250th goal at the Amex.:goal::bhasign::bowdown::salute:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here