Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Result has gone down well with the title challengers' fans:

Screenshot_20181027-170436_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20181027-170630_Twitter.jpg

Last three games, 24 shots for, 68 against. Three 1-0 wins! Stats are a nonsense aren't they.
It's Ryan, Dunk and Duffy once again who have skewed those stats. I was disappointed Knocky went for goal in the dying seconds of injury time. Playing it into the corner should have been a priority over impressing to get back a starting place. In fact, his poor pass could have easily cost us two points, and I sincerely hope he learns from this.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Blimey what a second half. We looked comfortable for the first 30 minutes of it then it was wave after wave of Wolves attack. Great saves, heroic blocks and last ditch tackles to the rescue coupled with Murray's 100th:salute: goal (so his goals scored nearly matches his age now...) sees us over the line.

A much better defensive performance. Izquierdo and Bong got their act together, Duffy and Dunk Duffy and Dunked, Bruno was imperious and Ryan immaculate in goal.

Well done Brighton on an incredibly hard fault for victory. Three wins, three clean sheets in a row.

Also, the bottom fives results couldn't have gone any better for us.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Mat Ryan is world class! Not only is his positional sense outstanding, handling is so assuredand he is a brilliant personality. To have Dunk and Duffy in front of him is a dream for a keeper.

I thought Wolves were excellent. Matt Doherty is a great player and I thought as a team they were creative , skillful without any Zahaesque diving. Looking at Bournemouth and Watford they are having superb seasons

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I actually think we have been exceptionally lucky this season in a lot of games, including this one.But I am happy all the same.

No way this team will be relegated this season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually think we have been exceptionally lucky this season in a lot of games, including this one.But I am happy all the same.

No way this team will be relegated this season

Wolves waltzed into town with a squad of famous internationals, who in any other scenario without a super agent connection, would have cost them £100m’s. Buying success.

A brilliant defence did a job and they were sucker punched.

Football’s always been like this and long may it continue.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
7 point gap between us (11th) and 14th. We look solid, even when under extreme amounts of pressure. Outstanding.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Paul Merson on Sky.....'Bruno is the best right back in the Premier League' - 'He knows his positioning & is always in the right place'. When Jeff Stelling informed him he was 38 years old there was a distinct look of amazement on his face!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blimey - Merson going ballistic in his praise for the Albion on SSN! Yes, really - that Paul Merson.

"Bruno plays the full back role better than any other FB in the PL. He was up against one of the fastest wingers in the league - had him in his pocket".

Pretty positive about Brighton ("Solid, absolutely solid"), Murray and Ryan too. Wonders will never cease..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here