Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] I Tunes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You cannot copy a track from Spotify, as I’ve said numerous times when you download a track with Spotify you are only able to listen to it through the Spotify app. Once you cancel any subscription you lose access to those tracks.

Think about it logically, why would a service that costs £10 a month to access millions of tracks allow you to copy and transfer tracks to other devices and then cancel your subscription when a single album costs £10 (approx) through most digital download sites?

You could use third party unsupported software which is illegal and a breach of your subscription agreement with Spotify to rip the tracks out of the app but that also adds risk of malware that most of these bits of software are riddled with infecting your computer. I certainly wouldn’t recommend even attempting this route.

I thank you for your input and bow to your greater knowledge and it would seem that either I have misread or misunderstood the implication of Spotify Premium membership.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I thank you for your input and bow to your greater knowledge and it would seem that either I have misread or misunderstood the implication of Spotify Premium membership.

You can download tracks from Spotify but they are still contained within the app. Spotify is a streaming service. The only reason you download them is so you don't use your data to constantly stream. You download them once then you can listening to those songs through the app without using your data allowance through your mobile network.

I use Spotify daily, and get the premium subscription free through my mobile provider. All of the songs I listen to a lot are downloaded, while songs I listen to now and again aren't and I just stream them. If I was to cancel my subscription I would no longer be able to listen to any of my downloaded tracks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here