Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Glenn Murray play this Saturday?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well I won't be putting my usual Murray first scorer bet on this week.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If medical team are happy, im sure Glen would want to play.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Should Glenn Murray play this Saturday?

He is either fit to play or not, there is no grey area.

If he is deemed fit to play then he should start, not be a sub.

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
Absolutely not. Concussions are a serious deal, and 6 days of rest is by no means enough to ensure his health, particularly in the long term. Glenn is first and foremost a human being, and his life will (believe it or not) continue on after his football career is over. There is no need to put him at risk and force him into play again, particularly when we have another eager and talented striker Andone who can perhaps finally get a taste of football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, I want to see Locadia get a full game against a club at our standard. We know CH doesn’t like dropping established players for newbies so he might have to wait weeks or months for another full game against teams at our level. Throwing him in at City away was not really a way for him to impress given the complete lack of support.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He is either fit to play or not, there is no grey area.

If he is deemed fit to play then he should start, not be a sub.

Exactly my thoughts. There is no putting him on the bench as a precaution, he is either fit to play football or he isn't in terms of the concussion protocol. If we have demonstrated he is clear to play, then it's likely we've had a series of scans over the week to demonstrate no lasting evidence of trauma.

I agree with you, in all other respects he is fully fit, no reason not to start him if the medics have cleared him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'll probably play, after all I doubt there is enough beds in The Sam Baldock Memorial Medical Centre, for him anyway.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Bench him.... let's give Andone and Locadia a chance to prove themselves.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
He absolutely should NOT play. He was out for the count FFS. Playing him would expose him to the risk of further damage, and results of which could vary from missing yet more games, or potentially much worse (yes, a bit drama queen i admit)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What I think doesn't matter, but what the medical team says, does. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Is the right answer, entirely a medical team decision

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I heard the Glenn Murray Band will be playing the Barbican Centre in London Saturday night.

Oooops! I got Murray and Miller mixed up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I've got a feeling he won't start, but we'll see.

Big chance for Locadia to show his worth if he doesnt start...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Personally I don't want him to, but that is based on seeing the incident and hearing the aftermath. Like others have said, the docs are the ones who know.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
It is unlikely he will play - this is from when Luke Shaw sustained a head injury / concussion against Spain back in September:

"Football Association guidelines state a player who suffers concussion should not play for 14 days.

But Shaw could play after being treated in United's "enhanced care setting."

The guidelines allow a player to return earlier if seven criteria are met, and United's state-of-the-art medical facilities are understood to meet the requirements."

Shaw did indeed play in the next match - a week later - and Mourinho was subjected to a lot of ridicule for doing so.

That said - our facilities are supposed to be top-end too, but I can't see us risking Murray with 2 fit strikers behind him.

Full article (with link to guidelines) - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45502131

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
For what it's worth, an experienced nurse I know says: no, he should not play.

Well, a bloke down the pub who got knocked out by a bar billiards cue back in the day reckons he will be fine.

Don’t know what to think now.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As the club is in a relatively healthy position in the league table at the moment, it would seem sensible to give him a bit more time to recover from such a nasty injury.

Probably a good idea for Wolves not to be totally sure who the team they will face though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here