Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clocks going back

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Portugal who are on Western European Time which is the same time as us here in the UK tried aligning there time zone with Spain a few years back and they changed back, biggest problem was it was then still light at 11pm down there which messed with school age children going to bed!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's OK saying clocks need to go back but I can't remember where I got mine from?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Can I make a sensible request. When the clocks go forward they do it at at 4pm on a Friday, so we can then just leave work! When they go back it’s great as it is, we all get an extra hour in bed on Sunday morning. :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Portugal who are on Western European Time which is the same time as us here in the UK tried aligning there time zone with Spain a few years back and they changed back, biggest problem was it was then still light at 11pm down there which messed with school age children going to bed!

Spain is only on a different time zone to us because Franco wanted to show solidarity with Hitler, apparently.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
70BA979C-0327-432B-A411-F7E0859E9060.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My 12.5 hour night shift turns into a 13.5 hour night shift :rant:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
There would always be a few lads from my Sunday league team (myself often included) at this time each year who would arrive at the "pick up" point early and have to wait an hour because they'd forgotten to adjust their clocks. Or were still drunk from the night before.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I work 6am to 6pm shifts. Give it a fortnight and it won't matter anyway! Be dark each way to work and back.

I also have a 4 year old girl. So I shall be up at 5am tomorrow instead of 6am.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last time I'll see daylight for six months. [emoji852]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was the invention of the electric light that screwed up people's alignment with 'natural' time. We used to go to bed when it got too dark to do anything, we got up when it was starting to get light because that was the window of opportunity we had. We only now stay up until 10-12 because electricity allows us to do more than candlelight could.

With you on the 24 hour clock though. Don't the Navy still use a 24 hour clock (ie a clock with hands but the hour hand only goes round once every 24-hr rather than twice) or have I imagined that?

Not when I was in. We had a clock with hands, but double numbered ie 1 also had 13 next to it. All signals were sent in 24 hour format.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here