Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dion Dublin racially abused

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Always dangerous to make assumptions regarding cause and effect from statistics. Brexit didn't increase the number of crimes by 'racist Leave supporters', it increased remainers' desires to report it 'to undermine a democratic process'.

See what I did there? I f**ked around with statistics to make a point that the actual statistics may or may not have justified. And everyone knows 82% of statistics are just made up on the spot anyway.

Oh, btw... not saying you are wrong, just that you are mis-using statistics just to fit your argument... thus undermining the argument you are trying to make.

Who knows. That said, according to various reports, as well as my own anecdotal evidence, there does seem to have been an increase in racist incidents since the referendum though. Maybe racist types are feeling emboldened these days?

...and here is an example of the correct way to use random statistics!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Who knows. That said, according to various reports, as well as my own anecdotal evidence, there does seem to have been an increase in racist incidents since the referendum though. Maybe racist types are feeling emboldened these days?

This is a worrying sign. The appalling racial narrative leading up to the B vote has validated an attitude that something is wrong with the country and it has something to do with immigration and we voted to do something about it, so lets do something about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Assuming you are not being ironic- It's hard to tell with just script- making baseless accusation is no way to change people's views.

Yes, stupid insults don't change minds. I know remainers are disappointed with the result of the referendum (as I have been most of my life when voting Labour, only to get a Tory government) - that's understandable. Us leavers are used to the small swivel eyed minority (remoaners rather than remainers) and their insults and abuse. Most of the time it's just amusing.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Did all the British racists vote to 'remain' ?
Its guilty by association, sorry, thats life.

Dave...you don’t half talk out of your fart pipe sometimes, go and have an afternoon nap,it’s Friday,pay day...treat yer self to a brass and get custard off your chest.
On our way.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Dave...you don’t half talk out of your fart pipe sometimes, go and have an afternoon nap,it’s Friday,pay day...treat yer self to a brass and get custard off your chest.
On our way.

Appreciate your dribbling response as usual. Im guessing in your world, racists, and nationalists would have voted to stay in the EU. As other people have pointed out....frequently, youre a bit of a ****wit.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Appreciate your dribbling response as usual. Im guessing in your world, racists, and nationalists would have voted to stay in the EU. As other people have pointed out....frequently, youre a bit of a ****wit.

Dave, Dave,Dave....
I would very much imagine that people with various opinions voted either Leave/Remain, to say that everyone that voted Leave is racist is truly shocking.
Just calm yer self and remember....We are on our way.
Have a great weekend Dave ,enjoy the football,I’m off out for a lovely few bottles of German beer and a ruby.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Dave, Dave,Dave....
I would very much imagine that people with various opinions voted either Leave/Remain, to say that everyone that voted Leave is racist is truly shocking.
Just calm yer self and remember....We are on our way.
Have a great weekend Dave ,enjoy the football,I’m off out for a lovely few bottles of German beer and a ruby.

Once again, you make a complete **** of yourself. Youre becoming a master of it. Nobody said everyone who voted leave, and what I said was ' in your world, racists, and nationalists would have voted to stay in the EU'

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Once again, you make a complete **** of yourself. Youre becoming a master of it. Nobody said everyone who voted leave, and what I said was ' in your world, racists, and nationalists would have voted to stay in the EU'

Dave,you have an aggressive streak and I shall no longer engage in meaningful debate with You.
On our way..

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Dave,you have an aggressive streak and I shall no longer engage in meaningful debate with You.
On our way..

Oh no, im crushed.
As for you, putting yourself in the same sentence as 'meaningful debate', pretty funny.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I can happen anywhere, unfortunately.

There's certainly racists everywhere but I also feel that certain areas have a broader acceptance of racism. It's the same with homophobia - you have homophobes in Brighton and London for example but there isn't that broader acceptance that results in it growing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh no, im crushed.
As for you, putting yourself in the same sentence as 'meaningful debate', pretty funny.

Didn't realise that bacon light clown was still allowed to post on NSC. I have him blocked of course. (Cueue mocking posts about how boring I am to keep on saying I have a nobber blocked :rolleyes::lolol:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Back to the OP post, I hope Dion raised a contemptuous eyebrow. I recall him as being the steamiest footballer in history, with clouds of steam rising during interviews. It amused me. And he looks a bit like the lovely Phil Lynott. From Dublin.

Oh.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Didn't realise that bacon light clown was still allowed to post on NSC. I have him blocked of course. (Cueue mocking posts about how boring I am to keep on saying I have a nobber blocked :rolleyes::lolol:)

Trouble is, I enjoy watching people who have shown themselves, consistantley, to look completely moronic, continue to look completeley moronic :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here