Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone planning to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 Comes out tomorrow

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I was going to get it but not at that price. I won't ever pay more than £50 for a game.

Tell i lie i will. Last of us 2 even if it was a £100.

Oh yes, I quite enjoyed that but didn't complete it in the end.

Buying the special editions sounds tempting, because they use that 'fear of missing out' psychology on you. 'Buy this 'collectors edition' and get a rare coat that nobody else will ever get. For £90'.

On a similar note, I played a PC game called TF2 for a long time, on Steam. In that game you could get different hats. Literally just hats that do nothing but make you look slightly different. By complete chance, I found one which turned out to be very rare (and in my opinion looked crap). After getting this I would get endless messages from people asking me to sell it to them. Once Steam developed a trading capability, I put this digital hat on the trading platform for the maximum amount of money possible - at the time it was £256 I think. Some idiot bought it. GENUINELY paid over £250 for a digital hat. Absolute madness.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Oh yes, I quite enjoyed that but didn't complete it in the end.

Buying the special editions sounds tempting, because they use that 'fear of missing out' psychology on you. 'Buy this 'collectors edition' and get a rare coat that nobody else will ever get. For £90'.

On a similar note, I played a PC game called TF2 for a long time, on Steam. In that game you could get different hats. Literally just hats that do nothing but make you look slightly different. By complete chance, I found one which turned out to be very rare (and in my opinion looked crap). After getting this I would get endless messages from people asking me to sell it to them. Once Steam developed a trading capability, I put this digital hat on the trading platform for the maximum amount of money possible - at the time it was £256 I think. Some idiot bought it. GENUINELY paid over £250 for a digital hat. Absolute madness.

It's the multiplayer that i play it for. I have never played a game so much. Going on 2 years plus.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can someone explain why digital downloads are more expensive than physical copies?!

At least with a physical copy you can trade or sell on.

Anyway, picked it up as a physical copy as part of a bundle with an XBOX 1 X.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it. :)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Can someone explain why digital downloads are more expensive than physical copies?!

At least with a physical copy you can trade or sell on.

Anyway, picked it up as a physical copy as part of a bundle with an XBOX 1 X.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it. :)

Mainly due to lack of competition. You can only download it from PSN/Microsoft Store and they control the price.

RRP is supposed to be £59.99 for new games so, when physical games have to contend with storage space etc, they can have slightly lower prices (profit margins) to help shift copies. Digitally, storage space is pretty much infinite and there is only one direct seller for each console, they can afford a higher price with lower sales with the assurance that costs involved will be much lower.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Had this on FB from my Bristol born actor nephew who lives in NY today: "Excited to announce I voiced a part in Red Dead Redemption II! For those of you who play I should be in the City, in the docks area and a bar! First one to find me gets a prize lol!" I don't do these things so let me know...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Had this on FB from my Bristol born actor nephew who lives in NY today: "Excited to announce I voiced a part in Red Dead Redemption II! For those of you who play I should be in the City, in the docks area and a bar! First one to find me gets a prize lol!" I don't do these things so let me know...

That’s only going to help people who know his voice :). There are a lot of bars etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Enjoying it so far, but I'm still trying to get to grips with the controls, which as others have mentioned, can feel a bit clunky.

I went to tether my horse last night, but pressed the wrong button and accidentally punched it in the ear - I think this has now led to bonding issues. I also went to speak to a woman in town, but she stepped away from the "speech" proximity, and I ended up mistakenly shooting her in the face, and all hell broke loose. Also, bears. Shooting at them is NOT a good idea. I found that out the hard way.

Good game though.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
Am loving it, too many late nights are starting to make me suffer.

Best tip for quick cash, the first three treasure maps get you over $1000

Still accidentally shooting too many people when I press the wrong button to talk to them

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't want to read the comments in this thread in case there are any spoilers. Played it for around 20 hours so far and it's AMAZING.

Best game I've ever played. Hands down.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Son bought it last week - I played it on Saturday and can't get off the thing!

He showed me a glitch to get unlimited money as well which helps me pop down to St Denis and dress in some mighty fine cloober!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here