Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Camouflaged hunter tracks, shoots, and kills a...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The irony is that these goats on Islay are feral and the animals are classed as an invasive, non-native species in the UK and conservation body Scottish Natural Heritage are quite happy for them to be culled.

As someone who has visited Islay many times, my father was born and grew up there, I don't recognise these tame goats everyone is talking about as being the same as those I remember watching whenever i've visited.

don't think people are annoyed at culling what they find distasteful is someone who is all smiles about killing an animal and think its an achievement she should brag about

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Can’t support any so called ‘sport’ that uses animals for fun and results in either stress or death of the animal.

I include horse and greyhound racing, polo, game shooting, show jumping etc. amongst those sports

Don’t you ride horses?

If so, isn’t that using an animal for fun? I’d assume that it must stress a horse when it’s first broken in.

No offence meant at all, it’s clear from your other posts how much you care for the welfare of horses. I’m just intrigued how you differentiate breaking in horses to be ridden with your strong views on the use of animals for human fun.

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Don’t you ride horses?

If so, isn’t that using an animal for fun? I’d assume that it must stress a horse when it’s first broken in.

No offence meant at all, it’s clear from your other posts how much you care for the welfare of horses. I’m just intrigued how you differentiate breaking in horses to be ridden with your strong views on the use of animals for human fun.

No way!!!

You have to be mad to ride a horse.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
I really don't have a problem with hunting for food at all, I do have a MASSIVE problem with hunting for sport though and something tells me these two bell ends in their camo with their expensive rifles shoot a lot more than their sunday lunch. Even if you are hunting for food, or indeed, undertaking the unpleasant but necessary task of culling a population of animal, theres certainly no need to be posting pictures of your 'prize kill'. Theres nothing hard about shooting an animal from 200 yards, not something to be celebrated or proud of.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They certainly don't eat all the meat that they kill - they seem to eat some but certainly not all, in the last three weeks they have killed at least two musk ox, three stags, two hares and two goats - they are not killing for food to survive, they are killing for fun and I think that is what gets most people. A lot of the animals that they kill need to be culled as the entire population would starve otherwise but to take pleasure from the deaths of these animals seems distasteful to many.

I don't think it is hypocritical to eat meat but at the same time find people killing for pleasure wrong and I certainly don't think killing a goat with a high-powered rifle requires any courage.

Exactly. I eat some meat (burgers and stuff made of chicken mainly) and so obviously I cannot complain about the killing of animals per se. (I'm also wearing leather shoes). However as Mellotron says, it's the taking pleasure in the killing and doing it 'for fun' that people find repulsive. And I know veggies and vegans will protest but there IS a difference; it's like the difference between humans who fight for a cause they believe in and scum like the Yorkshire Ripper.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
don't think people are annoyed at culling what they find distasteful is someone who is all smiles about killing an animal and think its an achievement she should brag about

oh i think some are annoyed/appalled at culling, because get upset at anything related to animals and this was brought to their attention.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
oh i think some are annoyed/appalled at culling, because get upset at anything related to animals and this was brought to their attention.

Possibly but the tone through most of the thread is not about killing animals but what this pair are doing by glorifying it. The irony being that pretty much anyone could kill an animal at 100-200 yards with a modern powerful weapon so there is really no big achievement.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The irony is that these goats on Islay are feral and the animals are classed as an invasive, non-native species in the UK and conservation body Scottish Natural Heritage are quite happy for them to be culled.

As someone who has visited Islay many times, my father was born and grew up there, I don't recognise these tame goats everyone is talking about as being the same as those I remember watching whenever i've visited.

Well you're telling the truth, they are just spinning the made up narrative.

That's why the stories don't match.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well you're telling the truth, they are just spinning the made up narrative.

That's why the stories don't match.

I don't think there is a made up narrative as such. More like different opinions and a little misinformation.

I think the point people are making is that the 'hunters' decided to stand over their kill full of pride and wanting to show the world how impressive they are. While culling animals is necessary and killing animals for food is also necessary it bothers people to see these goons taking such pleasure in killing.

Personally I cannot see why anyone would choose to pose with their 'trophies' be they magnificent beasts like lions or giraffes but to stand over a goat like you are some kind of legend is just laughable IMHO.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't think there is a made up narrative as such. More like different opinions and a little misinformation.

I think the point people are making is that the 'hunters' decided to stand over their kill full of pride and wanting to show the world how impressive they are. While culling animals is necessary and killing animals for food is also necessary it bothers people to see these goons taking such pleasure in killing.

Personally I cannot see why anyone would choose to pose with their 'trophies' be they magnificent beasts like lions or giraffes but to stand over a goat like you are some kind of legend is just laughable IMHO.

Well the photos weren't for you were they? It's for them and their friends.

Did they come onto your facebook page and post it? If not then isn't you viewing it not down to them but the other idiots who made it viral?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well the photos isn't for you is it. It's for them and their friends.

Did they come onto your facebook page and post it? If not then isn't you viewing it not on them but the other idiots who made it viral?

I disagree, if you are posting pictures on twitter they are for the world to see and 'like'. In this case though, the world didn't 'like' them the world told her what they thought. I am pretty certain that she has a firm grasp on the parameters of twitter and posted that picture expecting a far wider audience that just her and her friends.

I would partially agree though that this has been blown out of proportion by going viral. I guess that demonstrate the strength of feeling about this subject at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I disagree, if you are posting pictures on twitter they are for the world to see and 'like'. In this case though, the world didn't 'like' them they told her what they thought. I am pretty certain that she has a firm grasp on the parameters of twitter and posted that picture expecting a far wider audience that just her and her friends.

I would partially agree though that this has been blown out of proportion by going viral. I guess that demonstrate the strength of feeling about this subject at the moment.

Well maybe next time the people who don't like hunting can stay away from those who do and mind their own business.

Unless they are just POS who want be triggered and to bully others online.

Hunting is never going to go away so these hypocritical cry babies should probably just accept that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well maybe next time the people who don't like hunting can stay away from those who do and mind their own business.

Hunting is never going to go away so these hypocritical cry babies should probably just accept that.

Well people are allowed to have and express their opinions, name calling isn't going to change that.

Perhaps those that hunt could choose to enjoy their hobby without the need for giving it the big I am on social media. If they choose to post their 'trophies' for the world to see then they can't complain if others post their opinions.

Its a goat ffs, a goat :lolol::lolol:

I have shot a few head of cattle in the stock yards when on the farm (I should add that this was for food rather than fun). At no point did I feel the need to take a ****ing selfie and post it to social media. Perhaps I should have let them roam wild and camoed up for an increased sense of achievement?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There's a Canadian flag tweet saying something along the lines of us being so precious as all of that animal will be taken away and used.

[tweet]1055162580665331712[/tweet]

I think I might like to hunt her down and shoot her with a load of my sex-wee - it wouldn't kill her, of course, but I think I might get quite a lot of pleasure from it .....

#jizzsplurt

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well the photos weren't for you were they? It's for them and their friends.

Did they come onto your facebook page and post it? If not then isn't you viewing it not down to them but the other idiots who made it viral?

Photos are on Twitter for all to see.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It’s not hunting though. It’s a case of target shouting with animals. In most cases the hides are made for them, they are situated where the ‘targets’ sleep/rest. Any of us with a few days practice and a good quality rifle could snag us a lion/goat ..... really a ****ing goat!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here