Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Camouflaged hunter tracks, shoots, and kills a...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What do you expect from Americans, there never seems to be a week go by without some American idiot posting a picture of themselves in front of a dead animal that they have killed for no other reason than satisfying their own ego.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It’s the misuse of animals for ‘fun’ that I find difficult to morally justify. Why I find that wrong yet accept the use of animals for food and work is difficult to explain.

In the case of the sports I mentioned it’s not so much what may happen to them whilst partaking in the ‘sport’ but what happens to those animals which don’t make the grade or come to the end of their careers. Thousands of dogs and hundreds of horses for example are destroyed or abandoned each year because they are no longer of any use.

One of our horses was an ex-hunter thoroughbred - found in a field 700lbs underweight, barbed wire around his legs and with a broken jaw. Another was a successful dressage horse that stretched a tendon and ended up at ‘market’, bought by people who bred from her and were later investigated by the RSPCA. Came to us grossly underweight one Christmas Eve in the freezing cold, grossly underweight, no rug, rain scald and pregnant.

I know from personal experience the ‘hidden’ consequences of equestrian ‘sport’.

Cannot argue with any of that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For me, if you take enjoyment from an animal being in distress and dying, you have very serious psychological problems and need to see someone quickly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me, if you take enjoyment from an animal being in distress and dying, you have very serious psychological problems and need to see someone quickly.

Preferably someone more armed and more dangerous.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

This.

And who 'hunts' goats? FFS, is she off to Jersey next to take on the fearsome dairy cow?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Even more annoying that it is yanks that keep doing this.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
tenor (3).gif

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Even more annoying that it is yanks that keep doing this.

Do you mean by yanks, disillusioned, disaffected, Anglo Europeans....

As most of these pictures of “yanks” appear to wasps, I don’t seem to recall many African Americans or American Hispanics in these kind of photos......

It’s us and always has been.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do you mean by yanks, disillusioned, disaffected, Anglo Europeans....

As most of these pictures of “yanks” appear to wasps, I don’t seem to recall many African Americans or American Hispanics in these kind of photos......

It’s us and always has been.

You’ve lost me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because a high powered rifle versus an almost tame goat is such a challenge. "Next week children we'll be seeing how difficult it is to shoot your neighbours dog."

I note the twitter comments include one from a well known NSC'er.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You’ve lost me.

I think he's pointing out that all these yanks hunters are ... well .... white, and therefore decended from white Anglo Saxons. I thought your post summed them up perfectly anyway.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
They should just come here and hunt. Plenty of feral animals here that need wiping out.

Razorback pigs, goats, cats, foxes. Have at em and help the native environment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Cannot argue with any of that.

that's the difference between horse lovers and the equine industry, you obviously love horses as do i , all animals in fact , apart from small, yappy dogs , they can do one , my wifes' family are all very "horsey" and their animals were always loved right till the end .......there was a bloody terrible program exposing the grizzly end that a lot of race horses and dogs come to , heartbreaking in fact , we , as a species , are not all that nice tbh.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The problem with animal hunting is its unorganised format. For example, the above hunter has somehow taken down a goat, incredible, but yet, how do we know he's not just another one shot wonder? Simple solution, they should have divisions within the hunting game. Once you kill a goat, you gain automatic, no turning back promotion to 'The ultimate hunter' division, where you're expected to take down Killer whales and Tigers, completely unarmed.

I can see how this could work for both animal hunters and animals.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
They ate the meat from the kills it seems.

There's either a lot of vegetarians in the thread or a bunch of hypocrites who'll be off down the supermarket to get their bit of animal flesh for dinner that someone else had to kill for them because they are too gutless to do it themselves.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

There's either a lot of vegetarians in the thread or a bunch of hypocrites who'll be off down the supermarket to get their bit of animal flesh for dinner that someone else had to kill for them because they are too gutless to do it themselves.

Do you get a gold medal and a photograph once the meat's been bought?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
To be fair, it's not just tame goats, she also hunts much more viscious animals...

[tweet]1047566025552801792[/tweet]

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

They certainly don't eat all the meat that they kill - they seem to eat some but certainly not all, in the last three weeks they have killed at least two musk ox, three stags, two hares and two goats - they are not killing for food to survive, they are killing for fun and I think that is what gets most people. A lot of the animals that they kill need to be culled as the entire population would starve otherwise but to take pleasure from the deaths of these animals seems distasteful to many.

I don't think it is hypocritical to eat meat but at the same time find people killing for pleasure wrong and I certainly don't think killing a goat with a high-powered rifle requires any courage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here